The Magic Potion - An Halloween Game

Started by FolieduJour, Sat 31/10/2020 08:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

FolieduJour

ERRATUM: I posted with the wrong game, I changed it now so it should be fine!

I just released my second game using AGS!

Link:
https://foliedujour.itch.io/la-potion-magique

Story:
You are a student at a School of Witchcraft.
It's Halloween night and you absolutely have to make a potion for an exam.
You have your list of ingredients but the ingredients are nowhere to be found.
Meet spooky characters and use the objects in the room to solve the puzzles.

I really wanted to finish it before Halloween, just in time  :-D
Hope you'll enjoy it!

sthomannch

Hi FolleduJour!
Looks interesting. Unfortunately, the download doesn't work and also points to your first game.
Download is initially very slow (would take days to download), but after an hour or so it stops. Perhaps you can find another place to upload the game?
And could you update the link? Thank you.

Looking forward to playing "La potion magique"

FolieduJour

Hi !

Sorry about that  8-0
I guess that's what happens when you are in a rush
I just changed the download file to the correct game. ;)

sthomannch

Thank you!
Downloading now

Got it after several attempts. A nice game with some good puzzles and beautiful graphics. Liked it!

heltenjon

Downloaded! Looks great.

Please add the game to the database! You do so by clicking on 'Add Your Game' in the bottom right corner on the Games page.

Shadow1000

I played this last night and had a lot of fun! Great puzzles and art! The theme of the game reminds me a lot of Lord of Light (MAGS entry) that was released on the same day....spooky!

Most of the puzzles were fun and a good balance of being difficult enough to pose a fun challenge but not so difficult as to be frustrating. The only one I struggled with was
Spoiler
the owl, because you had to use an inventory item on an area that is not a hotspot.
[close]

One thing you might want to clean up if you want to polish the game is the fact that you can do certain things over and over
Spoiler
such as get the thistle and rose and grow the mushrooms
[close]
. Also a cool ending would be a nice touch.

Overall, great job :)

Amir

Hi, I played ur game and I noticed that u forgot to disable the debug mode. So, when u press ctrl+s u will get all items in the inventory and ctrl+x all rooms, ctrl+A walkable area.
Truly, truly, I say to you, blessed are those who play adventure games, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk