MAGS December “Companions” (PLEASE VOTE)

Started by Stupot, Wed 02/12/2020 04:41:08

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS December?

Tom and Jimi in Blowout
5 (62.5%)
Ka and Da
0 (0%)
Jason Saves Christmas
3 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: Mon 18/01/2021 13:23:16

VampireWombat

Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 20/12/2020 13:54:02
*Externally motivating* That's too bad. I was really curious about what you were going to do in a one-room inspired by the advx games.
Okay. If I can manage to create the characters and at least a rough draft of the background today, I will continue with the game. If not, I will at least give an explanation of my idea.

Slasher

"After years of fighting and squabbling Tom cat and Jimi mouse call a truce and decide to team up as companions for fun adventures and indulge in their favorite pastime: Food. Can they get into a Chinese restaurant's kitchen and have a right old blowout?!"

** Some issues found and fixed....

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2501-tom-and-jimi-in-blowout-/

Left Click Interact - Right Click Look

Click X to disable active inventory

Shadow1000

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 23/12/2020 11:18:48
"After years of fighting and squabbling Tom cat and Jimi mouse call a truce and decide to team up as companions for fun adventures and indulge in their favorite pastime: Food. Can they get into a Chinese restaurant's kitchen and have a right old blowout?!"

** Some issues found and fixed....

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2501-tom-and-jimi-in-blowout-/

Left Click Interact - Right Click Look

Click X to disable active inventory

I played this last night. It was a LOT of fun. I laughed most of the duration of the game. I absolutely LOVED the animation of acquiring new inventory objects! It's almost like blurring the distinction between the play area and the interface; I've never seen that and it's brilliant!

Great job, Slasher.

Slasher

Thank you Shadow1000..

Meanwhile couple more small issues found and fixed...

VampireWombat

I did manage to get enough done to continue the game. Due to Holidays and overall winter stuff, I have no idea how long it'll be. But I will work on it at least a little bit every day until the deadline. Also, some clarification. This game isn't actually inspired by any of the Adventure X games, just inspired to be more fun/lighthearted than my previous idea would have been.

Also, this officially will be my last Mags game for awhile. I'll most likely only do 1 or 2 a year from now on. It's time for me to move on to things without a specific deadline.

VampireWombat

I'm having trouble getting motivated enough to actually finish my game. With only one person showing interest and the fact that I'm trying to figure out more important things, I'm having trouble finding the motivation to even do the simplest thing today.
Is anyone actually interested in what's basically a time management game involving aliens?

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/Jj7Wlb3.png[/imgzoom] [imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/oQYe7gK.png[/imgzoom]

TheBitPriest

I'm looking forward to playing all of the entries! If you have something, keep going. You can do it!  :)

Slasher

Last day today and waiting...

Will we have a last minute flood?

fernewelten

Quote from: Slasher on Thu 31/12/2020 08:10:38

I might be able to present a game this month … but today being Silvester and all, I'm not sure whether I will get it ready by this evening.

Would it be possible to get an extension?

VampireWombat

I've done enough that I can release some form of a game today. How finished it is depends on several variables. I'm leaving to get a COVID vaccination in a few minutes. So how well that goes will be one of the variables.

VampireWombat

I'm posting now to make sure nothing happens. I have no idea how complete the game will be in the next 2 1/2 hours, but the main features will at least be there.

Ka and Da

https://vampirewombat.itch.io/ka-and-da

Intense Degree

I've had a quick play of both entries.

Slasher - I really like the cat and mouse combo, the game is fun and engaging and I liked compiling the meal. :)

VampireWombat - very intriguing, however I did find a bit of a bug in that if you talk to Da there is no way to exit the conversation and you are stuck there forever!
Spoiler
Adbucting Roger over and over again
[close]
made me laugh!

Stupot

Quote from: fernewelten on Thu 31/12/2020 08:59:13
Quote from: Slasher on Thu 31/12/2020 08:10:38

I might be able to present a game this month … but today being Silvester and all, I'm not sure whether I will get it ready by this evening.

Would it be possible to get an extension?
Would an extra 24hrs (from now) do?

fernewelten

Here's the screenshot.

Download the game here:
http://loquimur-online.de/ags/JasonSavesChristmas/JasonSavesChristmas.zip

Hints and Tips thread

Last-minute notes:
The fast-forward button skips the cutscene. So don't click on it unless you want to do that.

There isn't any inventory. Jason can only carry one thing in his hand, thus he needs to make use of it immediately. Joel, likewise.

The game has a small bug: The school bag can't move to the desk when the chair is in rightmost position, and it can when the chair is in leftmost position. It should be the other way round of course. I'm not fixing this right now because the bug isn't deal breaking. Simply move the chair if you can't move the school bag.

When I playtested the game, sometimes the wall clock was wrong. This only happened in the compiled versions, never in those sessions that I started from the Editor with F5. So I suspect an Engine error. Unfortunately, i can't reproduce the issue reliably.

VampireWombat

Quote from: Intense Degree on Fri 01/01/2021 15:25:29
VampireWombat - very intriguing, however I did find a bit of a bug in that if you talk to Da there is no way to exit the conversation and you are stuck there forever!
Huh. I wonder what I did to cause that. lol

Since I now have a little under 23 hours more to work on it, I can add in more dialog options and iron out of a few things.

VampireWombat

I didn't make as much changes to my game as I planned. I got busy working on my main project.  But I am going to keep working on more tv and dialog options and upload the new version in about an hour.

Blondbraid

Never got to the building stage of my entry idea, but I thought I'd at least share the new sprites I drew for the protagonists:
Spoiler
[close]

Stupot

Stupot

Don’t forget to vote if you’ve played the games, guys. We’ve only had two votes so far. It’s my fault for delaying the start of voting. But please vote if you haven’t yet. Thanks, love you, bye xxx

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk