Off The Clock - Stop time! In space!

Started by Honza, Sun 06/12/2020 08:59:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Honza

When an office party and a missile attack intersect, Oomla the engineer has less than a second to prevent disaster. Which, fortunately, is all the time he needs.

A short traditional point-and-click, my late submission to AdvXJam 2020. Features:

- Alien invasion!
- Workplace politics
- Time manipulation
- Extraterrestrial nudity

Check it out here: https://hvavra.itch.io/off-the-clock

lorenzo

Looks great! The graphic style reminds me of Machinarium.
It's a shame you didn't finish in time for AdvXJam, but I've seen some entries being added days after the deadline, so maybe they could've added yours too?
Anyway, congratulations on release!

TheFrighter

It's really gorgeus even for a 3 weeks deadline!

I hope you'll take your time for a longer game!

_

Honza

Quote from: TheFrighter on Sun 06/12/2020 09:56:49

It's really gorgeus even for a 3 weeks deadline!

I hope you'll take your time for a longer game!

_

Thank you! Have certainly been taking my time with this one :): https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58102.msg636620806#msg636620806

Honza

Quote from: lorenzo on Sun 06/12/2020 09:33:26
Looks great! The graphic style reminds me of Machinarium.
It's a shame you didn't finish in time for AdvXJam, but I've seen some entries being added days after the deadline, so maybe they could've added yours too?
Anyway, congratulations on release!

You're right, turns out submissions this late are still possible, the game has been added to the jam :).

selmiak

what a magnificent little gem. I fell in love with it and of course recorded a longplay :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9E3IiHBybI

heltenjon

Downloaded. Looks great! Please also add it to the AGS Database (in the corner down and right on the games page).  (nod)

Honza

Quote from: selmiak on Mon 07/12/2020 19:27:26
what a magnificent little gem. I fell in love with it and of course recorded a longplay :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9E3IiHBybI

Great, thank you! Watching you smoothly waltz through it made me realize it's even more casual than I thought... gotta put in some challenge next time :). Also sorry for the few glitches, there's a long list of bugfixes on the table right in front of me ;). But glad you liked it overall!

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 07/12/2020 19:51:40
Downloaded. Looks great! Please also add it to the AGS Database (in the corner down and right on the games page).  (nod)

Yessir, added!

selmiak

my first playthrough took longer of course, this is the longplay I recorded afterwards, as a walkthrough for people stuck on puzzles and for people interested in the story to watch it like a short cartoon.
I like the move plates to get to the inner workings of the elevator puzzle, that was fun to figure out and
Spoiler
switching the horn with the bubble thing to make him toot the horn into her face is ingenious, the puzzles are great! Same for the cork! best use of that timefreeze machanic!
[close]
I had glitch, when you are on the rocket and click on the hole in the window instead of the floating glass Oomla gets placed weirdly. I left it out for the longplay of course. Or maybe it glitches on the way to the rocket, the rocket part is very glitchy.

Crimson Wizard

Holy... are you using 3.5.0 camera effects? :) yours might be the first released game that does that; at least first one I saw.

Honza

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 08/12/2020 01:26:48
my first playthrough took longer of course, this is the longplay I recorded afterwards, as a walkthrough for people stuck on puzzles and for people interested in the story to watch it like a short cartoon.
I like the move plates to get to the inner workings of the elevator puzzle, that was fun to figure out and
Spoiler
switching the horn with the bubble thing to make him toot the horn into her face is ingenious, the puzzles are great! Same for the cork! best use of that timefreeze machanic!
[close]
I had glitch, when you are on the rocket and click on the hole in the window instead of the floating glass Oomla gets placed weirdly. I left it out for the longplay of course. Or maybe it glitches on the way to the rocket, the rocket part is very glitchy.

Yeah, it's because I move both the player and the camera manually frame by frame there, and it does weird things sometimes. Going to fix it eventually, would like to do a bigger overhaul next weekend! Honestly I felt the time freeze mechanic was a bit wasted on a short jam game, it's an adventure puzzle goldmine :).

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 08/12/2020 02:17:48
Holy... are you using 3.5.0 camera effects? :) yours might be the first released game that does that; at least first one I saw.

Sure I am! :).

Khris

That was amazing! Creating this in just three weeks on top, just incredible.

VampireWombat

Somehow I missed the connection of who you were when you released the game on Discord, though I did recognize your user icon yesterday. Congratulations on finishing a game for Adventure X. I will make sure to play it when I have time.

The Great Underground Empire

This game was gorgeous and so much fun, do yourself a favor and play it!

Honza

Quote from: Khris on Tue 08/12/2020 15:44:05
That was amazing! Creating this in just three weeks on top, just incredible.

Thank you!

Quote from: VampireWombat on Tue 08/12/2020 17:29:53
Somehow I missed the connection of who you were when you released the game on Discord, though I did recognize your user icon yesterday. Congratulations on finishing a game for Adventure X. I will make sure to play it when I have time.

Thanks! Only added the icon yesterday, wasn't really using discord before the jam.

Shadow1000

The idea behind the game is absolutely genius. Put in super-smooth graphics and animation, solid and fun puzzles that are the perfect difficulty and a LOT of loud laughs and you deserve a huge congratulations.

Honza

I've updated the game - ironed out lots of minor jank, hopefully fixed one majorly glitchy area and added responsiveness. More things in the environment can now be examined and some wrong item combinations should give meaningful responses. Also the transition from the end to the beginning of the game (those who have finished it will understand ;)) is now smooth. If you haven't checked it out yet, now's the time! :)

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 09/12/2020 14:25:48
The idea behind the game is absolutely genius. Put in super-smooth graphics and animation, solid and fun puzzles that are the perfect difficulty and a LOT of loud laughs and you deserve a huge congratulations.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the game.

guga2112

Hi, I'm trying the game now - it looks great! But I encountered a bug, I was trying to use the rope on the plants and it crashed. Error: prepare_script: error -18 (no such function in script) trying to run 'hRock_UseInv' (Room 1).

I don't know if this has already been fixed because I probably have an older version, but I had to report :)

Honza

Quote from: guga2112 on Sun 20/12/2020 10:44:48
Hi, I'm trying the game now - it looks great! But I encountered a bug, I was trying to use the rope on the plants and it crashed. Error: prepare_script: error -18 (no such function in script) trying to run 'hRock_UseInv' (Room 1).

I don't know if this has already been fixed because I probably have an older version, but I had to report :)

Thanks, it wasn't fixed but it is now :)

FireFlower

Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk