The Cabin

Started by Kastchey, Mon 07/12/2020 20:29:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Kastchey

Nicely done, TBP! But I think I'm stuck:

Spoiler
I don't know how to light a fire. I have found a log outside, but I have no tool to split it with. I thought it would be in the outdoor cabinet but the character won't open it.
Then I thought I was getting somewhere with the broom but again, no tool to cut the straw with. I'm probably missing something obvious?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Kastchey on Mon 07/12/2020 20:29:20
Nicely done, TBP! But I think I'm stuck:

Spoiler
I don't know how to light a fire. I have found a log outside, but I have no tool to split it with. I thought it would be in the outdoor cabinet but the character won't open it.
Then I thought I was getting somewhere with the broom but again, no tool to cut the straw with. I'm probably missing something obvious?
[close]

Spoiler
I'm not sure what you have right now, but you're going to want the mallet and the door stopper. If you're still stuck, just post again...
[close]

Kastchey

Spoiler
I'm missing the mallet then. I got the door stopper, the broken broom, salt, bowl, can opener, lantern, matches, hardtack.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Kastchey on Mon 07/12/2020 20:50:47
Spoiler
I'm missing the mallet then. I got the door stopper, the broken broom, salt, bowl, can opener, lantern, matches, hardtack.
[close]

Ok, item to look for is:

Spoiler
A heavy block of wood with a hole in it. Mallet is "some assembly required" once you find it :)
[close]

Kastchey

Got it, off to a (pixel) hunt for it!  :-D Thanks for the tip :)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Kastchey on Mon 07/12/2020 21:27:46
Got it, off to a (pixel) hunt for it!  :-D Thanks for the tip :)

Awesome! Enjoy this game..

TheBitPriest

Admitting some of the flaws while talking with CaptainD, I said, "I want to say that there's some pixel hunting in this game, but at 640x400, I can't say it's 'pixel' hunting, per say. Let's call it 'hotspot hunting'"  (laugh) :-[

Spoiler

I hope you find the heavy block. Send me a message if you're still stuck, or post here, of course. Shadow1000 made it to the end.
[close]

Kastchey

Hotspot hunting sounds about right  :-D In a good way, though :)

I'm sure it's just me being dumb but I'm still stuck. I know what I need to do, but I can't find the right item.
Spoiler
I have used the door stopper on the log as a makeshift splitting wedge, but still can't seem to find anything to hit it with (the heavy block, I presume). I thought one the stones in the bag just outside the door would do the trick but the hero won't pick them up. Halp?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Kastchey on Tue 08/12/2020 19:04:37
Hotspot hunting sounds about right  :-D In a good way, though :)

I'm sure it's just me being dumb but I'm still stuck. I know what I need to do, but I can't find the right item.
Spoiler
I have used the door stopper on the log as a makeshift splitting wedge, but still can't seem to find anything to hit it with (the heavy block, I presume). I thought one the stones in the bag just outside the door would do the trick but the hero won't pick them up. Halp?
[close]

Spoiler
You need the mallet. If you don't have one then you need to assemble it from the block of wood and the broom handle. There's another component but I'll let you figure that out...
[close]

lanchong

Mallet?
Spoiler
I found the door stopper next to the door and the broom handle. But where's the rest of finish the mallet. Sorry but the hints above didn't help.
[close]
Thanks

Racoon

Spoiler
One of the Iron Bars is loose
[close]

I have taken a looong time to figure that out too  :-D

TheBitPriest

[EDIT] Racoon posted while I was writing. Thanks, Racoon! I'll still post this as a complete guide for making the tool.

How do I make the tool that I need for making the fire?

I need something heavy.
Spoiler

It's too bad you don't have a mallet or sledge hammer. However, there's a heavy block of wood under the shelves in the pantry that has a hole in it. You could use it to make one.
[close]

I can't seem to click it. How do I reach it?
Spoiler

Look at the lower shelf. The block is to the right of the step stool.
[close]

I have that heavy item. How do I use it?
Spoiler

You need a handle to provide leverage.
[close]

I have one. It was once a part of that other thing. How do I use it with the heavy item?
Spoiler

It slides through the hole, because the hole is just a little too big. A nice metal shim would provide strength and tension.
[close]

I don't have anything like that. Where can I find one?
Spoiler

Look carefully at the washboard. One of the iron bars is loose. It is a partly flat bar that would serve to provide tension and strength for a handle.
[close]

That's a bit contrived!
Spoiler

My apologies. You're correct. In my only defense, the puzzles in these games are often a bit contrived. How fun would it be if there were simply an ax sitting next to the log?  (laugh)
[close]

lanchong

Thanks for all these detailed tips. The game gets really interesting after that hot meal  :smiley:

I'm now...
Spoiler
...underground. I unlocked the door with the code and got the rifle.
I'm not sure what to do next. Is it possible to open the rusty gate?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: lanchong on Thu 17/12/2020 05:26:49
Thanks for all these detailed tips. The game gets really interesting after that hot meal  :smiley:

I'm now...
Spoiler
[close]

Did you manage to
Spoiler
activate the TV?
[close]

bertolino

WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD THIS GAME

lanchong

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 17/12/2020 15:27:55

I'm now...
Spoiler
[close]

Did you manage to
Spoiler
activate the TV?
[close]

Yes I did but I'm not sure what to do next.
Spoiler
I tried to use the rifle on the wolf but it's telling me that I should scare it and not kill it.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: lanchong on Fri 18/12/2020 03:49:10
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 17/12/2020 15:27:55

I'm now...
Spoiler
[close]

Did you manage to
Spoiler
activate the TV?
[close]

Yes I did but I'm not sure what to do next.
Spoiler
I tried to use the rifle on the wolf but it's telling me that I should scare it and not kill it.
[close]

It took me a while to solve this one!

Spoiler
try facing away from the wolf
[close]

lanchong

Thank you Shadow1000 and TheBitPriest. Puzzles were difficult but it was definitely worth the effort. What a great story!

Shadow1000

Quote from: lanchong on Fri 18/12/2020 08:39:01
Thank you Shadow1000 and TheBitPriest. Puzzles were difficult but it was definitely worth the effort. What a great story!

You're welcome. It really is an awesome game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk