Jibble

Author Topic: M*A*S*H: Radar's Quest  (Read 1915 times)

Re: M*A*S*H: Radar's Quest
« Reply #20 on: 14 Jan 2021, 08:12 »
It's kind of inline with the show. War you know... ;).

Anyone else up for testing the game for me? I'm planning on changing up radars sprite a bit still but I got a bit side-tracked with my business and it's gonna take a while. So in the meantime would be the perfect time to fix any bugs in the code.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook[/url]

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #21 on: 14 Jan 2021, 10:05 »
I'm still debating if I should make the game intro more substantial. Since the plan is to make this a series of freeware games I really don't think it's all that important to add a lot of flare to the intro. Or is it? The intro to the story for now is just a blank screen with narration and a short dialogue between some characters. It feels a bit empty. What do you guys think?

My personal opinion is that any fan of the show going into a MASH game that didn't open with a version of the opening title credits with a version of Suicide Is Painless playing is maybe not gonna be feelin' the vibe you are working hard to create.

« Reply #22 on: 14 Jan 2021, 10:25 »
My personal opinion is that any fan of the show going into a MASH game that didn't open with a version of the opening title credits with a version of Suicide Is Painless playing is maybe not gonna be feelin' the vibe you are working hard to create.

Rest assured, Mandle. The opening screen has a picture of the crew and the song running in retro-style like it would be if orchestrated on, say, a Commodore 64.  :)

« Reply #23 on: 14 Jan 2021, 12:10 »
Yeah, there were a couple of versions of the title screen to be honest. I went with the photo of the cast that appears in the game. The one from the actual opening shot was terrible so I scraped it quickly. As for the intro song... It's a midi rendition of the movie opening. I couldn't find anything better. But if there is someone that is willing to program or record an alternate version of suicide is painless then I'm all for it ;). I also looked far and wide for the "my blue heaven" version from the show and movie but couldn't find it anywhere. Just clips from the show and I can't use those.

BTW: I was stupid enough to make a proofreading/translation file and I set it to default without backing up the files. Now the dialogs are all screwed up. I managed to correct most of them before I sent the alpha to heltenjon but I noticed some later on that are already fixed now. So, heltenjon if you need the updated version of the alpha just give me a holler. Some of the dialogs will make more sense now  (laugh)
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2021, 12:38 by viktor »
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook[/url]

Mandle

• NO PIXEL LEFT BEHIND!!!
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Mandle worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #24 on: 14 Jan 2021, 22:14 »
Maybe ask around if there is anyone who would volunteer to make you an animated or comic-book style version of the opening credits scenes in the art style of the game?
That would put the fans in the proper mood for the game!

« Reply #25 on: 14 Jan 2021, 22:30 »
These characters look cool. Why do they all have blue eyes?

« Reply #26 on: 15 Jan 2021, 05:12 »
These characters look cool. Why do they all have blue eyes?

Because the actors that play them actually have blue eyes  ;)

Maybe ask around if there is anyone who would volunteer to make you an animated or comic-book style version of the opening credits scenes in the art style of the game?
That would put the fans in the proper mood for the game!

Drawing a comic book style intro shouldn't be a problem for me. I'm an illustrator by profession (side work to my regular job) but I'm just lacking the time. I just got a big order in for some work and even the main aspects of the game are getting a bit postponed. I want to make a new Radar sprite, since this one looks too "manly" for instance. Little things like that.
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2021, 07:24 by viktor »
signature" border="0

« Reply #27 on: 19 Jan 2021, 05:59 »
I redesigned Radar's sprite a bit. I think it looks better :). The new sprite is on the right.

pic uploader
« Last Edit: 19 Jan 2021, 07:57 by viktor »
signature" border="0