Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 07/12/2020 10:23:12
I will put forward 2 nominations as "Perfect Movies":

The Princess Bride

Whatever you were about to say past this point I will just say:

As you wish.

Darth Mandarb

I have to say that Galaxy Quest is one of the rare movies that tops my list of favorites even though it's riddled with plot holes and inconsistencies. It's just pure magical enjoyment!

A big nod to The Princess Bride as well.

I want to mention Tremors again (from the other thread) as well (though I won't retell my story about it).

I feel the need to mention the 1985 Chevy Chase classic Fletch. The writing is tight. The acting is on point (for the most part). The humor/jokes have never been topped. It's one of my go-to movies that I can put on and watch just about any time. I have probably seen it over 50 times and could do it line for line. I think it's probably the most quoted movie I have in my [vast] repertoire of movie quotes. I won't say I quote it daily, but it's probably close to daily. I think it perfectly captures the mid-80s in America (a time some of you probably don't remember well (if at all)) so it might not speak to a younger audience but for us old-timers from this part of our space-rock it's a classic.

Mouth for war

Ohh Fletch!!!! "Oh it's me Dr. Rosenpenis, Dr. Rosenrosen, Dr Rosen" I love that movie :-D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

CaptainD

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 09/12/2020 14:11:32
I have to say that Galaxy Quest is one of the rare movies that tops my list of favorites even though it's riddled with plot holes and inconsistencies. It's just pure magical enjoyment!

Well it is largely a spoof of Star Trek so it couldn't really not have plot holes and inconsistencies, right?  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk