Previous topic - Next topic

Blano

hello, as title i'm trying install the editor with playon linux:
what i did since now:
installed play on linux
configured a machine with win 10 with wine 3.0,
i downloaded dot net2.0 dotnet 3.5, dotnet4.5
i downloaded gdiplus and vcruun2008

the editor seems to work but cannot test my game... i'm using the 3.5.0 p5 editor
do i have forgotten something? thank you for your help

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: maDDam on Sun 13/12/2020 18:52:55
the editor seems to work but cannot test my game... i'm using the 3.5.0 p5 editor

Please elaborate, what are you doing, what does not work, are there any error messages, and so on.

Quote from: maDDam on Sun 13/12/2020 18:52:55
i downloaded gdiplus and vcruun2008

Note you need vc runtime 2015 for the latest editor.

Blano

The only error says that the game file is corrupted

ok runtime 2015 is missing! Ill try

Blano

hello, i've successfully installed runtime 2015 (is it vcrun2015, right?) with no result, i share the img to show the errror message

https://ibb.co/KzcDYBn

eri0o

When you say test are you trying to run the game with f5?

I could never figure out that (I think it's a problem with the named pipes used). What I do is I just build for Linux (using f7 after marking Linux as a target in settings on Project explorer) and keep a terminal window open to run the game as needed.

The first run will fail asking you to fix a permission on both the shell script named like your game and ags64/ags32 executables. After chmod +x for execution permission it will work. Rebuilding the with f7 will keep the permissions.

Blano

It seems that dotnet35 itnot installing correctly... Can it be the cause of F5 issue?

Crimson Wizard

Can you run the compiled game yourself if you start it from Compiled/Windows folder, or use it on linux along with the linux engine?

Blano

yes it seems i can compile and run games!

deadsuperhero

Quote from: eri0o on Sun 13/12/2020 20:25:45
When you say test are you trying to run the game with f5?

I could never figure out that (I think it's a problem with the named pipes used). What I do is I just build for Linux (using f7 after marking Linux as a target in settings on Project explorer) and keep a terminal window open to run the game as needed.

The first run will fail asking you to fix a permission on both the shell script named like your game and ags64/ags32 executables. After chmod +x for execution permission it will work. Rebuilding the with f7 will keep the permissions.

Both the terminal thing and the chmod +x of the compiled Linux binaries are things I have to do.  :tongue:
That being said, I've found that the AGS editor works really well with Wine these days, for the most part. The biggest pain is just getting the DotNet files installed (I recommend using Winetricks and possibly setting up a custom prefix for Wine.
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

eri0o

Wine 6 changes with latest AGS:

- f5 won't run but won't give an error;

- mask export on room Editor is fixed (it used to export a bmp with 32 bit colors instead of the 8 bit for masks);

Overall I feel everything seems to run faster on it. So for others on playonlinux, I wine 6.0 can now be downloaded from it's menu. For some weird reason the menu orders the release candidates on top (rc versions), don't get those, get wine 6.0. Remember to use Wine x86 since AGS is 32 bit software.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk