Trumpmageddon

Started by Stupot, Wed 09/11/2016 08:21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Danvzare

Quote from: WHAM on Thu 28/01/2021 18:48:34
Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 28/01/2021 17:16:33
And if "gamers" can keep up the meaningless hyperbole for this long without being drained, I'm fairly sure everyone else can. Especially when it comes down to politics.

Aren't gamers the prime example of wearing their superlatives thin? I've seen so many games called "best game ever", in some cases before the game is even out and playable (see: Cyberpunk 2077) that it's become an utterly meaningless phrase. Same for review scores.

You know that picture with the cup and two faces. I feel like we're talking about that.
Because the reason you just brought up, was the exact same reason why I brought it up in the first place. But clearly we're both looking at it from different viewpoints.  ???

WHAM

I know what you mean, and it's perfectly possible both views have merit to them, especially since in a group as broad as "the gamers" you will still find countless individuals with different views and ways of handling things. Then again, whenever people refer to a group with a label like "gamers", "feminists", "conservatives" or "leftists", one should always keep in mind that it's best to add 'some subsect of' before whatever label is used. So when I might say "gamers are X", I am most certainly referring to "some subsect of gamers are X".

A good life lesson, as well as a valuable tool for online discourse and media literacy, I feel.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk