AGS Awards 2020 - For Your Consideration

Started by cat, Sat 02/01/2021 19:33:01

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Have you made a game in 2020 and want it to compete in the AGS Awards 2020? This is the topic where to showcase it!
Post a database link, a brief description and some pictures (thumbnails preferred, here is an excellent FYC post from last year).

Do not be shy, by posting your game you are helping the players who will take some of their time to play/nominate/vote!

Usual remarks:

• please include a link to your games page on the AGS games database
  • if you think a game deserves mention but the author isn't around, post a FYC for them! The more worthy games we get here, the better it is for everyone!
  • this thread is for FYC posts only, if you want to discuss the awards go here!

Post your games here before nominations start. The earlier you post, the more time people have to play your game!

KyriakosCH

My Kafkaesque parable:

This is the Way

You have invested  a lot, possibly everything, in getting here - and problems still arise. Even more troublesome is the insinuation: that you do not actually realize what it is you are going after...

Game thread: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58282.0
Database thread: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2460-this-is-the-way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZOcR8reekY

Consider it for

-Best Voice Acting
-Best Writing
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

For your considetarion

Urban Witch Story

During the first night of the 1992 Los Angeles riots, two police officers resolve on investigating the disappearance of the children of one of their acquaintances.
Throughout their search they will face street gangs, their own colleagues and even the supernatural.

Please consider this game for

- Best Freeware Game Created with AGS
- Best Background Art
- Best Writing
- Best Character (Officer Al Jackson)
- Best Gameplay

MA Moncada

Hello

this is the game I've made and that I like to 'advertise'
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2458-30-minutes/

30 minutes - A space mystery game

It was my first effort... and it some aspects it is evident, for sure.
Neverthless, I have me made some effort to make the puzzles interesting and to try to give an athmosphere to the game.
Some peculiar features
- actual time flow (you have actually 30 real time minutes to complete the game)
- multi path and 7 different endings (the latest 2 are quite hard to achieve)
Any comment will be extremely appreciated

ps. I am preparing a walkthrough, will share it soon

Please consider it for
- Best puzzles

----

another game (not made by myself) that I enjoyed playing, in particular for the writing and the storyline is

The Dome
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2448-the-dome/

I suggest everybody to give it a try

ukz530

Hello friends! The season of the awards is coming back. I'm so happy.

My game was flawed and immature, but I recommend my first AGS work, Fall.

*FALL*

The main character Jonathan opens his eyes on the bus one day.
The collapsed Tower Bridge had only broken things left.
Under attack by strange bugs, Jonathan must join forces with the rest of the bus passengers to escape from the Tower Bridge.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2478-fall/

Please consider this game for

-Best Freeware Game Created with AGS
-Best Background Art
-Best Writing

KyriakosCH

(So many great games :) I liked Fall, Urban Witch Story and The Dome a lot. )
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

monkey424

FYC

SLEUTH (2020) is a rebooted "idiotic point and click" version of the original 1983 text-based “whodunit” DOS game of the same title.

Game page --> HERE

CategoryYes / NoComment
Best WritingMaybeSome people seem to find the dialog funny!
Best CharacterNoDetective Daniel Wilkins, our one-dimensional clichéd super sleuth!
Best GameplayMaybeI think the game mechanics are consistent and intuitive
Best PuzzlesNoNA
Best Background ArtNoCute, perhaps, but probably not award winning material. (I drew these graphics 19 years ago!)
Best Character ArtNoSee above
Best AnimationNoSee above
Best Music & SoundYesAll original music, primarily by Vinny Olmsted (CometMorehouse)
Best Voice WorkYesAll-star cast of AGSers!
Best DemoNoNA
Best Non Adventure GameYesIt's not a graphic adventure but a kind of simplified "Cluedo" game
Best Short GameYesShort n' sweet. But can play multiple times (randomised each game)
Best ProgrammingYesThere's some tricky programing involved with randomising each game! Also, there's some funky programing involving dynamic sprites!

Thanks again to all those who helped me with this project! It's been in the pipeline for some time!

Enjoy!

Honza

FYC:

Off The Clock
AGS page | Itch page

When an office party and a missile attack intersect, Oomla the engineer has less than a second to prevent disaster. Which, fortunately, is all the time he needs.

A short traditional point-and-click, my late submission to AdvXJam 2020. Features some fun time freeze mechanics.

Please consider for:

- Best Gameplay
- Best Background Art
- Best Character Art
- Best Animation
- Best Music & Sound
- Best Short Game

CaptainD

ITts been a quiet year for me in terms of gamedev, but I did release The Ancient Art of Staying Alive, a minimalist survive-em-up with a huge retro flavour.  Possibly worth a nomination in the Best Non-Adventure Game Made With AGS category and perhaps even [Best Programming[/b]  (not that I think my programming is up to much but some people seem to have been impressed that a game like this was made with AGS).

It's a commercial game (albeit a cheap one) which probably doesn't help my cause in terms of votes and I still haven't released it on Steam (planning to in the near future), but it's been available on Itch for quite a while.

AGS page
Itch page

Basically you are a little blue character that has to evade all the little red characters (up to 380 of them) - to help or hinder you there are obstacles if you choose them, and you can use a teleport or bomb to help you out - again if you choose to enable them.  It's basically the old Darleks game but turned into a frenetic real-tie survival game instead of a turn-based survival game.

It is also, annoyingly, about the most difficult thing in the world to truly capture any sense of with screenshots (and even videos if the merest hint of a compression algorithm gets near it!).  Still at least you can see the retro loading screen okay.

In-game screenshots with horrible colour schemes just like the oldest consoles gave you:

Ponch

For Your Consideration:
Barn Runner: Pucker Factor

What began life as a MAGS game back in March crawled into a covid-related cocoon and emerged several months later as a full-fledged game that's part dialog-driven relationship / dating simulation, part top-down arcade scroller, part hidden object game, part QTE button masher, and part welding mini-game. It's got everything a game needs -- except an AGS Award. And that's where you come in!

Please consider my game for the following categories:
Best Non Adventure Game Created With AGS (I'm pinning all my hopes and dreams on this one!  := )
Best Short Game
Best Writing
Best Character (Noriko)
Best Puzzles (there are so many to choose from!)
Best Character Art (lots of cheesecake (and beefcake, it that's your thing))  :=

Here are some tasty screenshots to woo you!  :kiss:

Gratuitous Blue Cup Appearance

Gratuitous Gams

Gratuitous Fireballs

Gratuitous Mazes (everyone loves mazes!)

Barn Runner: Pucker Factor

p.s. If my game gets nominated for an award (I don't even have to win! I'm incredibly easy to please!) I'll make an "AGS Awards" version with even more puzzles and jokes. It's all up to you, AGS Community! And don't forget, I love you!  :cheesy:

lorenzo

For your consideration:

Bartolomeo, misled by circumstances,
learns that appearances can be deceptive

LINK

Bartolomeo is reading his favourite author's poetry, Ponte di Sughero, when suddenly he finds a wounded man in his house. Could it be? Could that man be Ponte di Sughero himself?

Please consider this game for:
- Best Freeware Game Created with AGS (it's definitely free)
- Best Background Art (I used two colours for the whole game, sometimes one)
- Best Character Art (Bartolomeo has a beard)
- Best Writing (it's a well-known fact that long titles are a sign of good writing)
- Best Character (Bartolomeo? His wife? The other two characters in the game?)
- Best Short Game (if it were any shorter, there wouldn't be any game)

--

LINK

Finally it's Ferragosto, a holiday right in the middle of August! Elia has prepared everything for a one-day trip to the sea. Or so he thought...
Can you satisfy every request of the family before it's too late, and then enjoy a well-deserved day at the sea?

Please consider this game for:
- Best Freeware Game Created with AGS (you don't have to pay for it!)
- Best Background Art (so many colours! two!)
- Best Character Art (look at those adorable kids! They're so eager to go to the sea!)
- Best Writing (the game uses many words)
- Best Character (Elia? The kids? The wife? The newspaper seller? There's no-one else)
- Best Gameplay (you solve puzzles in it!)
- Best Puzzles (see "Gameplay")
- Best Short Game (you can play it in 20 minutes. Or two seconds, if you choose "quit" in the main menu)

arj0n

Black Sect 2: The Cursed Crypt (Remake)

AGS Database download page

A 1st-person perspective point 'n click graphic adventure.
It's an English remake of the original 1991 version of Black Sect 2,
called 'La Crypte Des Maudits', which was originally released in
1991 for the Amstrad CPC in French language only by Lankhor. 

The game can be played in the following palettes
(you can switch at any time while in-game):

* Amstrad color with 11 palettes
* Amstrad grey with 1 palette
* Amstrad green with 1 palette

arj0n

Barahir's Adventure: Askar's Castle (Remake)

This is a remake of the 1993 Atari game Barahir, and is a fantasy themed,
1st-person perspective, point and click adventure game with a slight rpg
element in the form of a health system. The game has 8-bit graphics in a
320x240 resolution and uses flip-screen room transition.
You can play the game in 40 different palettes, which you can switch
between at anytime while playing the game.

------

---

arj0n

Futurama: Who Said That!?!

A trivia party game containing 288 different quotes from the TV series.
It's up to you to guess per round by who of the five shown Futurama
characters a shown quote was said. There's 10 round per game, and it
can be played from 1 up to 10 players.

guga2112

It's been a very productive year for me... three games! So, why not consider them?

For your consideration:
Kill Yourself
(Steam link - Itch.io link)

A black humor puzzle game where you make the guy a favor by killing him.

Please consider this game for the following categories:
Best game created with AGS
Best writing
Best character
Best puzzles

The Halloween Party
(Itch.io link)

Take Leonard home from the most boring party ever - Made from scratch in 14 days for the $104 Adventure Game Challenge (theme: "A delusion")

Best writing
Best character (The Grim Reaper)
Best puzzles

Duty first
(Itch.io link)

Metal beats life. Life beats death. Metal beats death - Made from scratch in 14 days for the AdvXJam (theme: "a good time")

Best writing
Best character art
Best music and sound
Best puzzles

FransisKransis

For Your Consideration: Falling Dark 2: Relapse

Blimey, time flies in game development... Miraculously however, I did manage to get this done before 2021 (if only barely). So, here it is, my gritty, mature RPG/adventure-game sequel. 

And no, you definitely don't have to play the first game before this one. They have related characters, but they're quite separate stories.

Falling Dark 2: Relapse is a point and click adventure game with RPG elements, featuring:

• Branching narrative paths based on choices and skills.

• A smooth blend of 'Point and Click' puzzle solving and combat.

• Dozens of hidden side-quests and encounters.

• And a rich original soundtrack, fusing metal and jazz.

(Also, this game is not rated by the ESRB, but if it were, it would be a hard M.)

AGS Database: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2503-falling-dark-2-relapse/
Itch Page: https://thinking-of-cremation.itch.io/falling-dark-2-relapse

Please consider for:
Best Music & Sound (The OST for this game rocks.)
Best Freeware Game Created with AGS
Best Writing
Best Gameplay

Screenshots:

Cheers,
Fransis <3

CrashPL

For your consideration:

What begins as a mere quest to find a perfect gift for your mother's hatchday will soon escalate into a struggle to save one of the neighbouring villages from a major trouble... Zniw the dinosaur and the cartoony world of Polisemia awaits! Point and click your way through 13 varied locations and meet over 20 different dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals in this hand-drawn and animated journey!

Features:

• cartoon dinosaurs!
  • a family friendly adventure - no blood, gore or swearing!
  • hand-drawn and frame by frame animated environments and characters
  • over five minutes of Saturday morning cartoon-like fullscreen cutscene segments
  • artstyle inspired by oldschool adventure games, as well as European cartoons and comic books
  • a pleasant, accoustic soundtrack, done by Problem!
  • 13 different locations to explore, including forests, caves, villages...
  • over 20 epoch and location accurate (Late Cretacous/North America) prehistoric creatures to encounter during your quest
  • light educational aspects - in-game encyclopaedia, with descriptions of encountered prehistoric creatures, items, locations, and more
  • unlockable rewards, including concept artworks, sound test or mini games!
  • a colourful, 41-pages long manual included, just like the good ol' times - describing both the game mechanics, and expanding the game lore a bit further!

Please consider our game for the following categories:

• Best Game Created with AGS
  • Best Animation
  • Best Gameplay
  • Best Writing
  • Best Music and Sound
  • Best Character
  • Best Character Art
  • Best Background Art

Marion

For you Consideration :

WENDY WHEDON 2 - THE NATURE'S REJECT

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2480-wendy-whedon-2-nature-s-rejects/

This is the direct sequel of the first "Wendy Whedon" game : https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2368-wendy-whedon/

Adventure, point & click game, in Visual Novel format.

After her adventure in Mortensen Ranch, the young cow-girl Wendy goes to Lily Town with her horse Abraham, in order to entertain herself at the fair, and find a new job.
But strange events will force her to live again her tragic past she wanted to forget, and face an evil force she couldn't imagine...

- Characters made with "The Sims 4"
- Backgrounds from "Call of Juarez" games
- Instructions and walkthrough included
- French, English (translation by Paolo)

- Best Freeware Game Created with AGS
- Best Writing
- Best Character

Monsieur OUXX

For your consideration :

Indiana Jones
and the
relic of the Viking

- English
- French
- German
- Italian

Medium-length game (about one hour to finish or even more if you take your time)
Lucasarts-style : no dead ends, a bit of humor, overall more graphical than textual.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk