AGS Awards 2020 - For Your Consideration

Started by cat, Sat 02/01/2021 19:33:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

I just realized that I've actually made a game last year.

For you Consideration :

Over Roger (MAGS April 2020 version)

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2443-over-roger-mags-april-2020-version-/

[imgzoom]https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/images/games/2443_1_thumb_200.png[/imgzoom]

About this game:
I present you, yet another Battlestar Galactica 78 inspired game.
Story:
After the Galactica left the 12 colonies, some humans were left behind.
This warrior saw his home be destroyed and the last remain of humanity
fly away. Not one to roll over and die, he vows to die fighting  to his
last breath... or laser!

Keep in mind that this is still a prototype, and there's lots more I want to do with it.

- Game provides minutes of shooting entertainment (?). It's a plain shoot them up.
- A dazzling one enemy variation to shoot at!
- Use keyboard or mouse controls (choose on the settings page).
- 1280x720 & 32 bits of vast space (I could swear I've been here before  ).
- No requirement of knowledge of the TV series what so ever.

Have fun!

Please consider this game for the following categories:
- Best Freeware Game Created with AGS
- Best Gameplay   
- Best Background Art   (just looke at those awesome stars and nebulas?!  (laugh)
- Best Non Adventure Game   
- Best Short Game
- Best Programming
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

heltenjon

I will deliberately break the mold and suggest some characters for your nomination pleasure. I was a bit taken aback when Cat wrote in the other thread that there were few characters nominated in the Best Character category, when I feel that this year have been very rich when it comes to great characters.

I won't post pics or links here.

Here are some great characters which all deserve to be nominated by someone in the category Best Character:

Elia from Elia, Ilaria & the Kids Having a Good Time at the sea (or at least they try)
He interacts with and tricks his family in that wat that you just need to see those characters again.

Billy Masters from Billy Masters Was Right
This teenager is very well-written and has quite a backstory that is integrated in the game plot through how others react to him or treat him.

Frank from Duty First
Lovable asshole? You know you would hate anyone who did this in real life. And love one who did it in a game. And all those Metal details!

Evil Wizard from Lord of Light
I guess he put a spell on me.

Edna from Money Mansion
Take your pick, there are lots of characters in this one. Not an original character, but the love shown...oh, no wait, she's evil and horny. And funny. Very.

Beth from Not My First Apocalypse: Stormpuncher
When you have two inventory items constantly squabbling with each other and commenting your every move, you hate it, right? Nah. Me neither.

Oomla from Off the Clock
Noone have ever given a better impression in so short time.  (laugh) The way he treats others is so funny because of how they treat him.

Evil Mirror from Sophia McGrath and the Strange Invitation
Hilarious failed scary creature. I love how it follows Sophia around.

God from The Cradle
OMG! Literally!

Wendy Whedon from Wendy Whedon 2: Nature's Rejects
She is a fleshed out character with conflicting emotions that ring true.

Monsieur OUXX

I think that the download links for Grandma Badass are missing from the itch.io page of the game (or hard to locate on the page?). It's a bit amateurish so I wouldn't be surprised if it was by accident.

heltenjon

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Fri 26/02/2021 22:47:17
I think that the download links for Grandma Badass are missing from the itch.io page of the game (or hard to locate on the page?). It's a bit amateurish so I wouldn't be surprised if it was by accident.

I contacted the author a bit back, and he said that the Grandma download link will be back after some improvements, some time in March, and there will be more episodes soon, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk