AGS Awards 2020 - Ceremony on April 17th (19:00 BST)!

Started by cat, Sat 02/01/2021 19:34:24

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

Off the top of my head, there is voice work in the following:

BYO-Hero
Detective Boiled-Hard Mini Case
Detective Boiled-Hard â€" Case File: Death of the Space Dino Hunter
Maniac Metalhead Mania
Play Xylophone (sort of)
This is the Way
Whack-A-Soul

But I'm sure there are more!

Edit: And Sleuth, of course.

Kastchey

Thanks! I have updated the source spreadsheet.

vga256

@Cat - Let me know if you'd like me to do another Mac port of the Awards client this year. I've got some spare time, and an Apple Developer Account this time so the code is properly signed.

cat

@vga256 - Thank you for the great offer, highly appreciated! Snarky is working on the client, so please contact him directly.

vga256

Will do, thanks, and will get back in touch when the client is ready.

Ponch

Only 12 days left to work through my backlog of games? Yikes!  :shocked:

heltenjon

More games with voice work:

Tales from the Road (intro)
Mind Rape: Duress (mumbling/nonlinguistic, but voice all the same)

heltenjon

How does the music/sound category work? Does the music have to be created specifically to the game, or does music used by permission count? (Game in question is Dread Mac Farlane - Son of the Pirate, with "Some songs by the group Ye Banished Privateers, with their kind permission.")

More games with voice work:

Suli: Fallen Harmony (French speech during intro)
The Office (Not that one)

Is the Indiana Jones game considered a demo?

cat

IMHO the music has to be created specifically for the game.

Only 5 days left! We need more nominations!

Remember, only the top 5 games that have at least 5 votes each will be nominated for each category. So far, there are several categories with less than 5 possible nominees and even some with none at all.

heltenjon

It doesn't really surprise me that there are more nominations in some categories than in others.

When I nominated, some categories were easily filled up with lots of candidates, while others were really difficult because they ask for stuff I don't necessarily remember after playing a game. I see that this coming year, I'll need to think about this while playing the games in order to make my mind up earlier.

Case in mind: music and sound. I would guess most members here are writers or graphic artists in some capacity, while the musicians are outnumbered. While I can remember the feel of a game, puzzles, the look and the wordings, I find it harder to remember music or sound from something I played a year ago, because I didn't set out to notice it. Musicians would probably have this the other way around.

cat

3 days left!

We need a lot more nominations in:
Best Character
Best Character Art
Best Animation
Best Music & Sound
Best Voice Work
Best Programming

Also the other categories could do with more votes.

Ponch

Almost ran out of time. I played as many as I could (but not nearly all of them, sadly) and now I have voted. Hope everyone else does the same.

cat

Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 26/02/2021 00:54:57
I will deliberately break the mold and suggest some characters for your nomination pleasure. I was a bit taken aback when Cat wrote in the other thread that there were few characters nominated in the Best Character category, when I feel that this year have been very rich when it comes to great characters.
The problem is, that there are so many characters! There are plenty of nominations for various characters, but to be an eligible nominee, a single character has to have at least 5 votes. Btw, you can nominate multiple characters from the same game, if you want.

Monsieur OUXX

I was confused by the "best character" category because the survey's label says "best character art" so I thought it was only about the drawings, not the character's overall charisma/lines/vibe :/

EDIT: Dang! There was actually BOTH! I mixed the two categories while taking my notes in preparation of my votes, now I have to think about it again  :-D :~(

heltenjon

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Sat 27/02/2021 20:56:15
I was confused by the "best character" category because the survey's label says "best character art" so I thought it was only about the drawings, not the character's overall charisma/lines/vibe :/

EDIT: Dang! There was actually BOTH! I mixed the two categories while taking my notes in preparation of my votes, now I have to think about it again  :-D :~(

At least you didn't read "The character Art", and then looking out for games starring Art Garfunkel or king Art(hur).  ;)

FormosaFalanster

There, I just nominated a few!

heltenjon

Quote from: cat on Sat 27/02/2021 18:58:54
Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 26/02/2021 00:54:57
I will deliberately break the mold and suggest some characters for your nomination pleasure. I was a bit taken aback when Cat wrote in the other thread that there were few characters nominated in the Best Character category, when I feel that this year have been very rich when it comes to great characters.
The problem is, that there are so many characters! There are plenty of nominations for various characters, but to be an eligible nominee, a single character has to have at least 5 votes. Btw, you can nominate multiple characters from the same game, if you want.

I suppose the nominations are secret now before the deadline. However, I would find it interesting to see a complete list of every character suggested for this particular award, in order to see what kind of character/behaviour/background strikes a chord with the players. (Not how many nominations they received, but simply who the community picked.) If this is not possible or unwanted, then think no more of it.

cat

Last few hours!

@heltenjon
I prefer not to give away too much detail about the votes. One reason is that people might be disappointed if their game didn't get any votes, the other being that I assume some of the games that just got one vote got it from the author.
I will tell you a few stats with the results tomorrow, but not a complete list of games that got any votes.

heltenjon

Quote from: cat on Sun 28/02/2021 18:55:11
I prefer not to give away too much detail about the votes. One reason is that people might be disappointed if their game didn't get any votes, the other being that I assume some of the games that just got one vote got it from the author.
I will tell you a few stats with the results tomorrow, but not a complete list of games that got any votes.

That's reasonable. Thanks for a quick reply.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk