AGS Awards 2020 - Ceremony on April 17th (19:00 BST)!

Started by cat, Sat 02/01/2021 19:34:24

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

In a few days, voting will hopefully start.

Until then, you can already start playing the nominated games.

I think there is a check that you cannot vote for your own game, but I'm not sure about it.

ddavey1983

Thanks for that Cat. I'm quite glad if you can't vote for your own game. Removes the dilemma!

Ponch

Quote from: lorenzo on Thu 04/03/2021 09:32:36
Congrats to all the nominees! I'll definitely have to check out some of the titles I missed.

This reminds me...
Quote from: Ponch on Wed 06/01/2021 20:41:05
p.s. If my game gets nominated for an award (I don't even have to win! I'm incredibly easy to please!) I'll make an "AGS Awards" version with even more puzzles and jokes.
And you got three nominations! ;)
You're right! After the awards are over, win or lose, I'll make the AGS Awards Edition available to the world. I'd release it earlier, but I don't want to be accused of trying to buy votes with cheesecake.  :=

JackPutter

HOLY CARP

I've been pretty absent from the forums so I hadn't really kept up to date with the awards nomination process... MY FACE when I saw Dangerous Derek's Livestream had been nominated for Best Short Game! I am so flattered, thank you so much to anyone who played, enjoyed, and/or nominated my little game! As a relative newcomer to the community I am really just so pleased, this has made my day!

Good luck to everyone who has been nominated, I will do my best to play the nominated games so that I can contribute in the voting process!

heltenjon

A quick question: It says you cannot vote for your own game. What constitutes "my own game"? Can you vote for a game if you have had a peripheral role, like betatester, translator, proofreader? Voice actor?

cat

Voting has started!

Click the link in the banner to get to the voting page. Please let us know if something is not working for you or otherwise wrong.

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 10/03/2021 08:11:18
A quick question: It says you cannot vote for your own game. What constitutes "my own game"? Can you vote for a game if you have had a peripheral role, like betatester, translator, proofreader? Voice actor?

From a technical point, I think this applies to the main author. If you just tested a game or had another minor role, I think it's alright to vote for it.

Cassiebsg

I guess, if you voice acted in it, might be "wrong" to vote for it in the voice acting category... though, since many games here, most use other AGSer as voices, that could potentially make the better voice acting game to no win (specially if you have plenty of voice, and % of voters is low), because half the users voice acted in it and can't vote on their own game... On the other hand, who's to say that one didn't only voted for it, cause it was his own game?  ??? Neat dilemma.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

Have you voted already? There is still some time to play the games and decide on your favourite in each category.

Snarky

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 10/03/2021 20:03:12
I guess, if you voice acted in it, might be "wrong" to vote for it in the voice acting category...

Given that there is only one game nominated in this category, I don't think it's a concern this year.

cat

One more week to go - don't forget to vote, folks!

Ponch

Honza

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but has the date of the awards ceremony been set? Or will it be announced after votes are in?

Snarky

We've been throwing around 10. April as the date for the ceremony, but it's not officially set.

Honza

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 29/03/2021 21:54:57
We've been throwing around 10. April as the date for the ceremony, but it's not officially set.

Alright, thanks! Just wanted to make sure I haven't overlooked it :).

Snarky

By the way, the date for the ceremony depends in large part on getting, and then importing and setting up, the assets for the nominated games from the authors. We still haven't received them for about half the nominated titles. You should have got a PM from Kastchey about it.

(If we don't receive the assets we'll just add in a barebones game presentation, but especially for games that are nominated for multiple awards it's nice to have a few different screens, music, a custom avatar, etc.)

cat

Only one day left!

In the meantime, we are deciding on the date of the ceremony. Please participate in the doodle poll, especially if you are nominated:
Doodle poll

cat

The Great Underground Empire

Sorry, I am very late to the party, hadn't stopped by the forums in a bit! I'll try to belatedly get my assets in tonight! Thanks so much for the noms, and huge congratulations to all the amazing creators, you made great stuff! :)

cat

Voting is over!

Check out the doodle poll and vote for your favourite ceremony date:

Doodle poll

cat

I think we have a clear winner. The awards ceremony will happen on

April 17th 2021

More info to come.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk