AGS Awards 2020 - Ceremony on April 17th (19:00 BST)!

Started by cat, Sat 02/01/2021 19:34:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Thanks Cat.

You can still vote for your favourite MAGS game of 2020 for the next few days. A few more votes would be really helpful.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58950.0

Kastchey

We are looking for volunteers to stream and record this year's ceremony - if you are capable of and interested to do one or both, please send a message to me or Snarky.

Thank you!

Cino

I've streamed and recorded the AGS Awards for the past few years. I'd be happy to do it again. But it'd be great if someone else took it up as well for backup just in case.

Kastchey

Thank you! That will be really appreciated.

Fully agree on the backup, if someone else is capable of running a backup recording and/or streaming session please let us know!

cat

The ceremony will happen tomorrow! Don't forget to get your suit from the dry cleaner's  ;)

Snarky

I've just put the details for downloading the client in the first post, but I'll just copy-paste the relevant bit here as well:

As usual, there is an AGS client to connect to the virtual ceremony.

AGS Awards Ceremony Client Download v6.0.06

Windows (.zip) â€" 289 MB [mirror]
MacOS (.zip) â€" 300 MB [mirror]
Linux (.tar.gz) â€" 292 MB [mirror]

Once extracted, the client is about 500 MB in size.

If you want to try it out in advance, one thing I suggest you test is the typing. Certain keys/characters may not work on all versions. It would also be good if a Linux user could confirm that everything is packaged up correctly.

Monsieur OUXX

Ponch

morganw

Quote from: Snarky on Fri 16/04/2021 22:32:31
It would also be good if a Linux user could confirm that everything is packaged up correctly.

The engine version is old enough that the PNG library issue is present, so I think for most people it isn't going to start:
Quoteerror while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Permissions-wise everything is set as executable, which isn't correct in terms of the file types, but it does mean that the parts that need to be executable are executable. tar on macOS should be bsdtar which supports mtree format natively, so you should be able to create a map of how to build the archive by running this in the game directory:
Code: sh
tar -acvf ../../AGSAwards.mtree *

Then edit the file to set the permissions you want, so you end up with something like this (note symlink path needs to be relative or the entry needs to be removed):
Code: ags
#mtree
./AGSAwards2020 mode=755 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data mode=755 gid=0 uid=0 type=dir
./data/AGS\040Awards\0402020.ags mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/Readme.txt mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/acsetup.cfg mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/ags32 mode=755 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/ags64 mode=755 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/audio.vox mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32 mode=755 gid=0 uid=0 type=dir
./data/lib32/alleg-alsadigi.so mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/alleg-alsamidi.so mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/libagssock.so mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/libaldmb.so.1 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/liballeg.so.4.4 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/libdumb.so.1 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/libfreetype.so.6 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/libogg.so.0 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/libtheora.so.0 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/libvorbis.so.0 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/libvorbisfile.so.3 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib32/modules.lst mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64 mode=755 gid=0 uid=0 type=dir
./data/lib64/alleg-alsadigi.so mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/alleg-alsamidi.so mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/libagssock.so mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/libaldmb.so.1 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/liballeg.so.4.4 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/libdumb.so.1 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/libfreetype.so.6 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/libogg.so.0 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/libtheora.so.0 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/libvorbis.so.0 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/libvorbisfile.so.3 mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/lib64/modules.lst mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/licenses mode=755 gid=0 uid=0 type=dir
./data/licenses/ags-copyright mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/licenses/liballegro4.4-copyright mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/licenses/libdumb1-copyright mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/licenses/libfreetype6-copyright mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/licenses/libogg0-copyright mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/licenses/libtheora0-copyright mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file
./data/licenses/libvorbis0a-copyright mode=644 gid=0 uid=0 type=file

Commit this file and then use that as the input for the archive, so assuming you store the mtree file at the root of the project directory you would run:
Code: sh
tar -cvzf AGSAwards2020.tar.gz -C Compiled/Linux @../../AGSAwards.mtree

You can use the same file on current versions of Windows 10 (reverse the slash direction in the tar commands). Or this will do it for you.

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Snarky

Quote from: morganw on Sat 17/04/2021 02:11:02
The engine version is old enough that the PNG library issue is present, so I think for most people it isn't going to start:
Quoteerror while loading shared libraries: libpng12.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Thanks. I believe in the past this problem was fixed by installing libpng12 from here. Last year somebody repackaged the build with the dependency included, but I'm not sure exactly how that is done.

Permissions-wise everything is set as executable, which isn't correct in terms of the file types, but it does mean that the parts that need to be executable are executable.

So, this is a separate problem, right? Does it break anything, or is it just that some of the file properties are not technically correct? I must admit, I found the instructions rather confusing (in particular, I don't know how to "edit the file to set the permissions you want," since I do not know which permissions are needed for each file).

Marion

Hello ! Everything works fine for me ! Thank you ! :)

Sinitrena

All seems to work fine for me as well.
But, because when I test stuff I actually read the read-me, I will point out that the Ceremony is supposed to be on the 17th not on the 21st.  :=

Snarky

Damn, how did that happen? Probably I copy-pasted it from a previous year and missed that part of the date.

morganw

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 17/04/2021 06:31:45
Permissions-wise everything is set as executable, which isn't correct in terms of the file types, but it does mean that the parts that need to be executable are executable.

So, this is a separate problem, right? Does it break anything, or is it just that some of the file properties are not technically correct? I must admit, I found the instructions rather confusing (in particular, I don't know how to "edit the file to set the permissions you want," since I do not know which permissions are needed for each file).

It doesn't break anything but there are also additional files in the archive which you didn't need to distribute. The example mtree file is a valid one you can use. It uses mode=755 for executable files and directories, and mode=644 otherwise.

ukz530

Hi, I ran the ags award 2020 client several times today. Connection error confirmed. Should I install irc?
The OS environment is window7.

*Maybe it's my network problem. I'll try to solve it myself and if I can't access it, I'll watch it streaming.  :~(

Snarky

There are three possibilities that come to mind:

1. Yes, it's a problem with your network (maybe a port filter on your router). You could install an IRC client to test if you can connect.
2. You added a password when you created your profile, but the nickname is not registered on the server; or your nickname is registered but you didn't provide the right password. In this case you need to restart the client and create a new profile.
3. You are not in fact using the 2020 client, but a client from a previous year. I have blocked these to avoid any confusion.

Cino

Livestream will be at https://www.twitch.tv/tulevikeu
I'm going to start a little bit before the ceremony to give an introduction.

cat

The ceremony is about to start!

Check the first post for details.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk