AGS Awards 2020 - Ceremony on April 17th (19:00 BST)!

Started by cat, Sat 02/01/2021 19:34:24

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

The awards are over! Congratulations to all winners!

Huge thanks to Snarky and Kastchey who took over the ceremony.

The winners are:

Best Game Created with AGS
Urban Witch Story

Best Freeware Game Created with AGS
Urban Witch Story

Best Writing
Urban Witch Story

Best Character
"Billy Masters" from Billy Masters Was Right

Best Gameplay
Urban Witch Story

Best Background Art
Urban Witch Story

Best Character Art
Zniw Adventure

Best Animation
Zniw Adventure

Best Music & Sound
Urban Witch Story

Best Voice Work
SLEUTH

Best Demo
Indiana Jones and the relic of the Viking

Best Non Adventure Game Created with AGS
Barn Runner: Pucker Factor

Best Short Game
Billy Masters Was Right

Best Programming
Zniw Adventure

Best Puzzles
Billy Masters Was Right

CaptainD

Congrats to all winners, nominees, and the wider community to helped make the awesome 2020 bunch of games in some way. Thanks Kastchey, Snarky et al for making the ceremony possible.

Cat was probably being modest leaving out the committee awards:

Lifetime Achievement: Cat
Innovation Award: EriOo

Both very well deserved.

LimpingFish

That was awesome! Congrats to all the winners and nominees, and a big thanks to Kastchey, Snarky, Cat, and everyone involved in the ceremony, and to everybody who turned up to support! ;-D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

arj0n

Cino

Congrats and thanks to everyone! Yet another great ceremony!

Here's the video on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/videos/991390983
It'll be accessible for a few weeks. I'll also upload it to youtube next week.

Hobo

Congratulations to all winners!

And thanks to everyone involved in organising the event. Also, it was great to see so many people participating in the ceremony!

Honza

Congrats all winners, Postmodern especially! Both Billy Masters and UWS were a lot of fun. And Zniw might have the best AGS animation ever :).

CrashPL

Yeah, this year's ceremony was absolutely crazy, in a positive sense! Excellent games, excellent community once again - thanks so much for everyone who participated, and especially all the nominees and winners!

Pax Animo

Misunderstood

Ponch

Very fun ceremony this year. Large turnout, no big crashes, and we have finally answered the question of just how many trophies will fit in one character's inventory.  :=

ukz530

Congratulations to all winners!
and Thank you everyone for preparing the award!  :-D

monkey424

Apologies folks - I'm in an awkward time zone so couldn't quite make it to the awards unfortunately. Apparently Ponch has got my trophy!

Kastchey

No problem Monkey, sorry that the time slot we picked made it difficult for you to join! Congrats on winning an award, though I'm  not sure if you can get Ponch to hand it over  :sealed: He seems to like trophies.

Ponch

Quote from: Kastchey on Sun 18/04/2021 02:24:52
Congrats on winning an award, though I'm  not sure if you can get Ponch to hand it over..
That's for the courts to decide!  :=

Stupot

Congratulations to all the winners. Sorry I wasn’t able to attend. I look forward to watching the recording.

Sinitrena

Huge congratulations to all winners and nominees of the awards and also to everyone who released a game in the last year. I might not have managed to play every single one, but I can say with confidence that every game I played had some enjoyable elements. Also congratulations to Cat and eri0o for the special awards and thank you to Snarky, Kastchey and everyone else involved in organising the awards. You did an amazing job. And last but not least, well done to my fellow presenters.

Wow, 20 years of the Awards and 10 years with the Client. This community is fantastic!

lorenzo

The awards were a lot of fun, congratulations to all the winners! And a great choice for eri0o and cat, they both deserved it.

Hopefully, Postmodern Adventures managed to bring all his trophies home! :P

Thanks to everybody who made the awards possible and who created great games! Next year make those games a little worse, though, so I have a chance of winning an award. ;)

heltenjon

Quote from: lorenzo on Sun 18/04/2021 10:18:56
Next year make those games a little worse, though, so I have a chance of winning an award. ;)

Next year, you just have to beat If On A Winter's Night, Four Travelers to get one.  8-0 Or perhaps make a short, voiced game and name it Demo.  (laugh)

lorenzo

Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 18/04/2021 11:30:55
Or perhaps make a short, voiced game and name it Demo.  (laugh)
Now, that's a good plan! :D

It was a fantastic ceremony! A coder friend of mine was freaking out about what AGS could do with the client. And yes, it seemed like magic!
It was a surprise for me, i though that Off the Clock and Zniw Adventure were going to be the absolute winners (all my votes went to that games and Broken Windows)!
Congrats to the rest of the winners and congratulations for this wonderful and powerful community!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk