Author Topic: Background Blitz: Second Chance  (Read 521 times)

Background Blitz: Second Chance
« on: 08 Jan 2021, 21:59 »
SECOND CHANCE

Since I wasn't sure about what topic to choose, this time you get to decide what to draw! You can pick any of the previous themes used in the Background Blitz, directly from this list.

Of course, you'll need to tell us what topic you chose. ;) If you already started, but didn't finish, a background for that particular topic, you may use some sketches that you did. But I'd prefer if the background itself was all new.

Many thanks to Sinitrena from whom I shamelessly copied borrowed the topic idea (and even the title), and who also compiled the master list!

Deadline: 31th January 2021.

Voting:

Concept: your background should tell us something about the place you have depicted.
Playability: does it have clearly defined walkable areas, things to interact with, etc?
Artistic Execution: does the image convey the wanted atmosphere? What's the feeling of the place?

Good luck! ;-D

Re: Background Blitz: Second Chance
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2021, 16:41 »
I tried a painting off the cuff on the last theme – tropical.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 19:27 by Creamy »

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2021, 18:44 »
Lovely background, Creamy!
It has a nice sense of depth and makes you want to explore the rest of the land! Many different items to interact with too.

Racoon

• you may say I´m a dreamer..
    • I can help with animation
    • I can help with making music
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with story design
    • I can help with translating
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jan 2021, 21:10 »
That is beautiful Creamy! I love that it is hand drawn.

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2021, 20:26 »
Thanks  :)

I like the mix of hand drawings and numeric colors in your games too, Raccoon and lorenzo.

« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2021, 20:32 by Creamy »

Sinitrena

• Mittens Serf
  • Wheel of Fate
    • Sinitrena worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Sinitrena worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2021, 00:22 »
You made it through the mountains, you faced the jungle, you solved countless ancient mysteries - all on your way to the old Temple of the religion of the CUP. Of course, you assumed it would be blue, but...

For both Ex-Society and Temple. I had a sketch before but there were too many things I didn't like, so I started from scratch.

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jan 2021, 09:25 »
Very nice entry, Sinitrena! I really like the temple and there are so many opportunities for exploration and puzzles (the coloured symbol and buttons, the door, etc).

--

Two weeks left!

Racoon

• you may say I´m a dreamer..
    • I can help with animation
    • I can help with making music
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with story design
« Reply #7 on: 17 Jan 2021, 16:36 »

The theme is "Glowing".

I worked waaay to long on this one, but at one point it just gets messier instead of better. Anyways, I think as a kid, I would have loved this.

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jan 2021, 20:23 »
Nice, dreamy atmosphere! I really like the colour choices, and the animation adds some life to the scene.

Sinitrena

• Mittens Serf
  • Wheel of Fate
    • Sinitrena worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Sinitrena worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #9 on: 17 Jan 2021, 20:29 »
Very spooky! For people to lazy to search, here's the link to the original topic of Glowing.

« Reply #10 on: Yesterday at 17:59 »
Only a week left!