Thimbleweed Park - Italian FanDub

Started by guga2112, Fri 22/01/2021 16:40:07

Previous topic - Next topic

guga2112

Hi all,
I hope this is the right forum for this.

I think most of you know about Thimbleweed Park, the 2017 game by Ron Gilbert, Gary Winnick and David Fox. If not, well, you missed out something quite great and I warmly suggest you to buy it.

Three years ago, we Italians decided to embark on a crazy project to create a complete Italian voiceover for the game. It was a very ambitious project (the game has more than 15.000 voice lines, almost 50 voiced characters) but as voice acting and point-and-click fans we didn't want to give up. So, three years later, we finally managed to have a complete set of recordings, and we're now playtesting it.

Too much time has passed, and Ron Gilbert moved on from TWP (and also re-wrote the engine, as showcased by his next game, Delores, released for free in April 2020), so we don't know if this will ever be included as an official dub in the game. At the moment we have Ron Gilbert's permission to distribute the audio pack as a patch. Our hopes is that this gets enough attention to motivate him to make it official  :-D

So... even for those of you who don't understand Italian, I'd like to link you some previews of how the game will sound like (more or less: there's still some work to do). I'm very proud of what we got, because even if we're all amateur actors with almost no equipment I think the quality (both in terms of acting and audio) is good. We'll still work to bring it to an ever higher level, at least for the playable characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqkJgoQI2Qk

I hope you enjoy it (and tell all your Italian speaking friends!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk