A jab or not a jab....that is the question

Started by BarbWire, Mon 11/01/2021 10:50:17

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Got my second 2 days ago. I went to a vaccination centre, it was exceptionally well organised, zero waiting time. About 20 hours afterwards I suddenly developed mild headache that vanished after taking a bit of Paracetamol.

The system here is very weird, it is done per federal district. In my area, I got my first jab in May already, while in Vienna, they only just started to give appointments for my age group.

I'm not sure if doing vaccinations at pharmacies is a good idea. In Austria there was the (rare) case that a person collapsed due to the jab, but the doctors there reacted quickly and administered some medication, so nothing serious happened to that person. That's also why you have to wait 15 minutes to make sure you are fine.

Mandle

Still waiting on my invitation from the Japanese government after 95% self-isolating for a year and three months now.
Don't tell my wife but I have had two affairs during that time.
The first was with YouTube and now I have a new thing on the side going with Netflix.

Mandle

Quote from: TheFrighter on Mon 05/07/2021 17:48:48

You nasty guy!  :-D

_

Maybe it's alright... I think she might be cheating on me with The Peaky Blinders... And who could blame her?

Honza

Got my second shot of Pfizer on Friday. Was a little feverish and very tired yesterday, nothing pleasant but also nothing horrible. Seems to have gotten better overnight, will see how today goes.

There's a lot of anti-vaccine scepticism in my country, the government has been confused and inconsistent with restrictions and communication around COVID, and nobody takes them seriously anymore. There is a steady supply of vaccines now, but it seems we won't get past the 70% threshold because people refuse to get vaccinated.

Slasher

About the same as in the uk...Preparing a 3rd and 4th Jab... People are now smelling a dirty big rat....

Matti

Oh, please elaborate and maybe even enlighten us, Slasher.

Slasher

Quote from: Matti on Sun 11/07/2021 23:26:11
I'm only saying what the general mood of a few fb groups are who are distrusting Boris and his mob in the UK and are saying 'enough is enough'...

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Mon 12/07/2021 02:00:39
Quote from: Matti on Sun 11/07/2021 23:26:11
I'm only saying what the general mood of a few fb groups are who are distrusting Boris and his mob in the UK and are saying 'enough is enough'...

Facebook groups, is there nothing they do not know 100% and for sure?

Honza

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 11/07/2021 13:51:05
About the same as in the uk...Preparing a 3rd and 4th Jab... People are now smelling a dirty big rat....

I think people don't realize it's a betting game and expect all or nothing results with everything. Solutions might not work out and new plans have to be developed, but most people still have to participate, even in the necessary mistakes along the way. To refuse to get vaccinated and then either a) be a free-rider if the virus is eliminated in spite of you, or b) go "I told you so" if new problems arise (or if it doesn't work because of people like you) is a pretty annoying strategy.

EDIT: I mean the generic "you", not you personally of course ;).

cat

I'm also against a 3rd or 4th jab now, but for the same reasons the WHO is: there is no proof that it is necessary and there are billions of people all over the world who didn't get even their first jab, yet. Better let them have it.

Creamy

The vaccination appointments have peaked in France last week-end. It coincides with the arrival of the summer holidays. There's nothing like the prospect of meeting many people to make you take the plunge  :-D
Some people probably plan to travel abroad too. And some others may have anticpated the health passport that was announced tonight.

I got my first Pfizer shot 2 weeks ago. My arm hurt for a day and then I was fine.

Stupot

Still no word for me. My wife’s getting hers in a week or two through her company, but it turns out that doesn’t include family after all, so I have to wait for my official invitation, which who knows when that will be.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 13/07/2021 01:07:22
Still no word for me. My wife’s getting hers in a week or two through her company, but it turns out that doesn’t include family after all, so I have to wait for my official invitation, which who knows when that will be.

Yup, we are in the same boat. Supposed to be this week, but who knows. I'm getting pissed off because they are issuing "Vaccine Passports" for people traveling out of Japan from the 26th.
Must be nice... grrrrrrr

Mandle

A masterful debunking of one claim in the UK against the government for wrongful harm via the vaccines.
You will laugh 'til you cry or cry 'til you laugh watching this, but, either way you will at least laugh, but varying on the individual it may be earlier or later.
(Anyone notice anything interesting about this dude's face as he sits in a confined room with a policeman?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMfnVeo7XY

Khris

Got my second jab yesterday, yay!

Also, that video did get hilarious in the end, I didn't expect
Spoiler
flat earth
[close]
to make an appearance :-D

Slasher, get the fuck off facebook.

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 13/07/2021 09:57:34
A masterful debunking of one claim in the UK against the government for wrongful harm via the vaccines.
You will laugh 'til you cry or cry 'til you laugh watching this, but, either way you will at least laugh, but varying on the individual it may be earlier or later.
(Anyone notice anything interesting about this dude's face as he sits in a confined room with a policeman?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJMfnVeo7XY
Quote from: Khris on Thu 22/07/2021 09:36:28
Got my second jab yesterday, yay!

Also, that video did get hilarious in the end, I didn't expect
Spoiler
flat earth
[close]
to make an appearance :-D

Slasher, get the fuck off facebook.

Hi Khris, this man Keri Mullis, Nobel peace prize winner and PCR test inventor must be a liar or it's a  fake video! Shame he died some time later..

https://youtu.be/MkqQIY7J0fQ

Make your own minds up...

Matti

Kary Mullis denied AIDS being caused by HIV, the ozon depletion, climate change.. and believed in astrology. I don't think I want to listen to him, and I also don't really care what he thinks about Fauci.

arj0n

Quote from: Slasher
https://youtu.be/MkqQIY7J0fQ

Make your own minds up...

Please don't spread false info, Slasher. That RT-PCR test for SARS-CoV-2 was specifically designed to identify the presence of that type of coronavirus, no other, which makes that video unrelated to Covid19.

Khris

Slasher:
I don't think he's a liar, I'm pretty sure he's convinced that what he claims is true. The problem with this video is that a) he does make some valid points and b) we don't hear any response to or analysis of his allegations.

I'm certain that any current (or past) HIV expert could immediately point out a bunch of flaws in Mullis' claims. Why would anybody take Mullis' claims on face value? Just because there's grainy video of him making them? What kind of standard of evidence is that supposed to be? If I posted a video of Fauci as a response, would you consider your beliefs invalidated...? Hardly, I guess.

Also, the poor guy believed in astrology, so by the exact same logic I could argue that anybody who believes in something as obviously nonsensical as astrology shouldn't be taken seriously about anything else either (especially if their claims are about fields they aren't an expert in).
Note that I do not argue this, because that's a fallacy (the one you're committing).

Also, bonus appearance by Lanka, a German "doctor" who claims the measles virus doesn't exist.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk