A jab or not a jab....that is the question

Started by BarbWire, Mon 11/01/2021 10:50:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Mandle

Getting my second jab on August 9th and so excited to start learning how to use all my new magnetic powers!!!

Does anyone have any advice on how that all works?!

Cassiebsg

I haven't figured that out yet, let me know if you do...  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Galen

Got my second jab last week. Next anti-vaxxer I see will bow before Vaxneto:

Although currently all I got was a bit of a headache and a killer fever the following morning.

Mandle

Second jab achievement earned today but still no signs of magnetic powers except feeling repulsed by anti-vaxxers, but I already had that ability...

Mandle

Feeling pretty sluggish the day after the shot, but no fever yet.

EDIT: I spoke to soon. A few hours later and fever is here: 37.9 C

Stupot

I got my first dose of Pfizer this morning (thanks the Mandle, who hooked me up with a doctor who had enough stock.

I felt a bit weird a few minutes after the jab, so they kept me waiting a bit longer just to make sure I was okay. Then by early evening I already had a low-grade fever.

Slasher

Sorry to hear that Mandle and Stupot have gotten a fever, even though only mild... They warned us of side effects... Hopefully you two guys will pull out of it soon and return to good health  (nod)

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 11/08/2021 08:42:28
Sorry to hear that Mandle and Stupot have gotten a fever, even though only mild... They warned us of side effects... Hopefully you two guys will pull out of it soon and return to good health  (nod)

Yup, was just a 24 hour issue. Back to normal now. Thanks for the concern!

Khris

Stupot

Thanks, Slasher. It was really just a mild temperature, though. I’ve had way worse fevers in the past for seemingly no apparent reason and lived to tell the tale. At least with this I knew that the reason for the fever was that the vaccine was doing its job and training my immune system to recognise the coronavirus.

Sinitrena

Pfizer for me as well. I had a headache for my first jab (though that day we had 35 C here, so it might have been due to the heat) and a fever of 38.4 C and pain all over my body, in every joint and every muscle, like an intense work-out and the flu combined, for my second. Would do it again, can recommend!  (nod)

Seriously, unless you're unable to get the shot because of some kind of preexisting condition, do get it. These side-effects are so worth the protection you get.

Laura Hunt

Pfizer here too, no fever. My arm was sore for a couple of days and I had a headache, plus a bit of fatigue, but it was so mild that it could just as well have been due to a rough night's sleep, and I was perfectly fine the next day. I've caught run-of-the-mill colds in the past that made me feel much, much worse than that.

fernewelten

2x Biontech / Pfizer. I've been formally counted as “completely vaccinated” (as per the German definition) since the start of August.

I didn't get any ache; got by with some tingling in the arm that got the jab and some fatigue. Both times the effects went away within 24 hours.The second time around, the effects were more pronounced than the first time, but even then it was just a nuisance, I wasn't hindered or incapacitated in any way.

I did refrain from doing sports or manual work on the day that I got the jab and the day after, as per the doctor's recommendation.

The first time around, getting vaccinated was still a Very Big Thing: I'd telephoned a central hotline for days and days to get an appointment in any of five vaccination centres in a 40-mile radius, with no luck whatsover. You weren't allowed to put your name on any waiting list, but “feel free to try again in some hours' time.”  :~( Then I got lucky at last in my family doctor's office. The vaccines were rationed and so I had to prove that I was even entitled to get the shot.

Five weeks later, they had set up a tent on the parking lot of the local supermarket. “Come in droves, tell friends and acquaintances, we've got plenty of all the brands. What's keeping you all?” I got my jab and bought some salad afterwards. Oh my, how times have been changing!

fernewelten

There's a very good argument for getting vaccinated:

All the other measures are meant for protecting the bystanders, not so much yourself. For instance, by wearing a surgical mask, you are mainly filtering your own breath that might contain the virus so that it won't reach the bystanders.

This means that if you go to some public event, you are at the mercy of everyone else abiding by the rules. If some aren't, you might be exposed to a superspreader event without being wise.

You can check at a glance whether everyone in the room is wearing a mask, but try checking at a glance whether everyone in the room that claims to have been tested negative in the last 24 hours has actually been tested with a negative result. There's been some shenanigans going on, and some “official” testing stations have actually been caught at certifying a test that they haven't actually done. And those "antigen" tests that are usually used for this so-called "passporting" haven't really been designed for that use case; they aren't really reliable enough although they are still used that way.

Unless ... you're vaccinated yourself. Getting vaccinated is a measure that is designed to protect you yourself from a "severe" course of disease and that is effective at protecting you even if not all the bystanders are playing by the rules.

Khris

On German twitter, #Testboykott is trending. You cannot make this up.

From October, people who can get vaccinated but won't have to pay 15 Euros to get tested, so the anti-vaxxers are calling for a boycott of restaurants and other venues where only vaccinated or tested are allowed...
It's like US conservatives burning their own Nike shoes or trashing their own Keurig machines because the company did something "woke" for PR reasons.

These people also keep posting how in Israel, way more vaccinated than unvaccinated people end up in the hospital, which is of course no surprise if you are capable of doing 5th grade math.

Why are these idiots? When will it end.

Danvzare

Quote from: Khris on Wed 11/08/2021 15:29:22
From October, people who can get vaccinated but won't have to pay 15 Euros to get tested, so the anti-vaxxers are calling for a boycott of restaurants and other venues where only vaccinated or tested are allowed...
So they want to boycott the places where they won't be allowed in unless they pay 15 Euros to get in, which they probably wouldn't be willing to pay for in the first place?
That's like me saying I'm going to boycott all football video games, when I've never played and have no intention of ever playing a football video game in my life.  (laugh)

Stupot

Talking about side-effects, I haven’t pooped since my jab.

heltenjon

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 12/08/2021 00:32:03
I think that's an end effect.

Danvzare

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 12/08/2021 00:32:03
It's quite possible that's just a coincidence.
Or a side-effect of a side-effect.  :-\
You know what, forget what I just said and go drink a gallon of prune juice or something.  (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk