Voice only wait for mouse click

Started by Dariago, Thu 14/01/2021 10:29:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Dariago

Hi all,
I am using 3.4.3.
when playing a little bit with the "voice and text" / "text only" / "voice only" options during a gameplay I notice that when you choose "Voice Only" the game still waits for you to click on the mouse in order to get back to the game - even when the voice is over...
Its understandable why u need to click when there is a text box or text "Say" but when there is only voice - why is there a need to clck?
Does anyboday knows how to displable the need for a click when only voice is active?

Thanks,
Dariago.

Khris

Afaik the default behavior is to automatically proceed to the next line of speech when the calculated time has passed or the voice sample ends;
did you change this? Which game template did you use?

Anyway, you need something like
Code: ags
  Speech.SkipStyle = eSkipKeyMouseTime;

Dariago

Hi,
Thanks for the info.
I am trying to be in a situation where if I choose Voice Only - i sould not wait for any key or mouse.
the game should return automaticly to its regular run when the time passed.

Crimson Wizard

This sounds more like either a design flaw or a bug in the engine tbh. Don't think it is supposed to be happening.

Dariago

Hi
So here is some more info:
in the global script under btnVoice_OnClick function I am setting the SkipStyle to be eSkipTime in case the player choose "Voice Only".
and indeed when the character speaks - the game return to the normal run after the speech voice is done.
However - this does not work for Display(). in Display() after the speech voice is done - the game stays in "pause" untill you click on the mouse of keyboard.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dariago on Thu 14/01/2021 12:22:57
However - this does not work for Display(). in Display() after the speech voice is done - the game stays in "pause" untill you click on the mouse of keyboard.

That could have been an oversight, Display works different from Say in several ways.

Dariago

yes.. it seems so.
for example:
the Say() turn on the "hour glass" icon and as I said - turned off automaticly when voice speech is done.
the Display() does not turn on any hour glass icon....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk