What are the best publishers for adventure games?

Started by bx83, Sun 26/09/2021 12:30:46

Previous topic - Next topic

bx83

I'm publishing my current game (Lost on Cow Island) - as soon as I find a publisher.
I've got an enormous list, but no easy way to search through it - just have to try every entry.

What's everyone's favourite? Shall we make a master list of publishers?

MASTER LIST

Wadjet Eye
Raw Fury
Application Systems
Screen 7

Mandle

bx83

Why did I die, or that's the name of a publisher?..

Mandle

Quote from: bx83 on Mon 27/09/2021 00:05:23
Why did I die, or that's the name of a publisher?..

If you say Wadjet Eye quickly and with an Australian accent it sounds like "Why'd ya die"? LOL sorry.

bx83

I am Australian and can confirm this is true :p

Okay, well let's start a master list; thread's dead anyway.

Stupot

You’ve already got three of the main ones which came to my mind.

Another possible option could be Screen 7. Mark left this community a couple of years ago but he’s still going. I don’t know if he’s still publishing other people’s projects, but it couldn’t hurt to get in touch with him.

bx83

Can't DM their twitter account, and the only email contact is 'support'. Got any other info on Mark?

Eternally Sus

He recently released a video, also Mark is on Twitter.

Khris

Guy is a fuckin' Covid denier. Not surprised that's where he went from being a pro-Brexit MAGA guy. Jesus Christ.

Edit to clarify: Mark is a victim here. He went down some angry white man rabbit whole years ago and this is where he predictably ended up. I knew him from his posts only but he always seemed like a great guy, which makes this all the more sad.

Matti

Yeah, I wouldn't put him on the list.

uh, oh, cancel culture!

Mandle

Quote from: Khris on Thu 30/09/2021 08:15:51
Guy is a fuckin' Covid denier. Not surprised that's where he went from being a pro-Brexit MAGA guy. Jesus Christ.

I don't like Covid deniers either, Khris, but you know that all your comment is gonna do is hijack this thread into a shit-storm that the original poster does not deserve.

bx83

[deleted]

Stupot

Well, it’s your thread, bx.

I suggested Mark because he is someone who has published other people’s games in the recent past, and, political beliefs aside, he was once an important member of this forum. You could always contact the people he has worked with to see if they had any issues with his personal beliefs getting in the way of their professional relationship. If not, then there’s no reason Screen7 doesn’t deserve a mention here.

Mandle

I worked with him at the publishing helm of Tales and I never heard anything from him that did not directly involve the game. As far as I know the only game-change he requested of Andrea was that, at some point, the player should have to travel into a corrupted book so they would understand what is at stake, which was a very good suggestion that Andrea agreed with and improved the quality of the game IMO.

He was also very helpful for me by giving useful advice on how to improve the quality of my audio for my voice-acting role in the game: Just simple tricks that did not involve me spending and money but worked wonders, so he knows his stuff.

Babar

I may not have interacted with m0ds as much as some here, but whatever beliefs he may have, I always found him to be incredibly helpful and professional. He "published" my free game "Alien Time Zone" (in the sense that he uploaded it to the DB  :=, hosted it for a while, and even had it on his site), and the game is inarguably better for his music.

I can understand wishing to avoid him due to his beliefs, but I don't think that affects much in terms of publishing through Screen 7.

EDIT: Other publisher options would be Wadjet Eye Games (already mentioned) and the company that Ali used for his Nelly Cootalot game.
Or you could just self-publish.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

bx83

He says he doesn't publish AGS/adventure games any more. Ho hum.

kconan

All I know him from was my backing (100 bucks) the never-finished Kinky Island game.  It worked out though, as I'm now way more careful on Kickstarter and Indiegogo, and made good choices otherwise.

Stupot

Quote from: kconan on Sun 31/10/2021 17:35:06
  All I know him from was my backing (100 bucks) the never-finished Kinky Island game.  It worked out though, as I'm now way more careful on Kickstarter and Indiegogo, and made good choices otherwise.
He offered a refund on the Kinky Island money some three years ago. You should have had an email about it. He didn’t have to do that, but he did.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk