Sprite Jam 5 - 15 may

Started by n3tgraph, Mon 05/05/2003 09:59:04

Previous topic - Next topic

SLaMgRInDeR

Quote from: remixor on Tue 06/05/2003 08:17:18
Well, here he is... the Candyman!

Oh wait... that was Handyman, not Candyman...

wow, you did two and neither are relevent! lol
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

n3tgraph

great entries so far, keep em coming

(though some are a bit irrelevant ;D)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Ben

These are all nice etries.. Though I'd like to point out that technically, only four of them are sprites.

SLaMgRInDeR

eh? they are all sprites, arnt they?

remixor

Quote from: Ben on Tue 06/05/2003 20:25:43
These are all nice etries.. Though I'd like to point out that technically, only four of them are sprites.

I've noticed that a lot of Jams seem to end up that way
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Squinky

What is the official meaning of the word sprite?

Cause now squinkys all confuisified...

BOYD1981

if you look at that candyman he is kind of shaped like a cartoon character's hand, so i suppose he is kinda handy...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

SLaMgRInDeR

lol! btw your avtr makes me feel wierd and dizzy, shortly before i fall over.

Eggie

Slamgy...

Friend...

I don't ususally do this but...there is an 'EDIT POST' button you can use to avoid posting in a row...

Sorrysorrysorrypleasedon'tkillmeorleavegthecommunityoranythinglikethati'msorry!

This is the best Sprite Jam Catagory for a while.

SLaMgRInDeR

?? where have i posted in a row?

veryweirdguy

Quote from: Squinky on Wed 07/05/2003 06:12:55

Ditto. Which four are sprites?

Eggie

Quote from: SLaMgRInDeR on Wed 07/05/2003 17:31:32
?? where have i posted in a row?

Edit: um...I don't know. Maybe it was my imagination...

SLaMgRInDeR

Quote from: veryweirdguy on Wed 07/05/2003 17:37:29
Quote from: Squinky on Wed 07/05/2003 06:12:55

Ditto. Which four are sprites?

yeh, dose he mean something like each frame is a sprite and so the animated ones are not sprites or what?

Flippy_D

I generally regard sprites as things done in paint or a similiar fashion... People who can handle/have photoshop can stomp all over paint work just by using a few tools. I would say it is a little unfair, and I like it when people specify paint only.

SLAMGRINDER: He didn't do two, he posted one at a larger scale... which would be why they were exactly the same. Unless I'm missing something and he posted one earlier. Also, think stuff over before you say it, an unplanned sentence can cause large amounts of stress to the recipient.

Ben

I guss it is hard to define what a sprite is. But in general, things that are antialiased to blend in with only the background they were drawn on (The coffee cup, the candyman), and things that have been resized and resampled in photoshop (animated coffee lady) are not considered sprites. Basically, if it wouldn't look right in a game over a background, then it's not a sprite. But this isn't a debate, so I'll save further whining until the jam is over ;)

remixor

Ben: yeah, I agree with your points in general.  However, I didn't resample or retouch anything in my candyman or blue cup pictures.  Every pixel was mine ;)

scotch

It's antialiased though.. around the edges.. so it wouldn't work as a sprite.

remixor

I know, that's why I said I agreed with the rest of his points.  I was just making it clear I actually made those as opposed to simply fixing up somebody else's work.  But yea, they wouldn't work as sprites unless I made them transparent and got rid of the outside AA.

SLaMgRInDeR

Quote from: Flippy_D on Wed 07/05/2003 20:22:53

SLAMGRINDER: He didn't do two, he posted one at a larger scale... which would be why they were exactly the same. Unless I'm missing something and he posted one earlier. Also, think stuff over before you say it, an unplanned sentence can cause large amounts of stress to the recipient.

he did post two,he posted a cup as an evil coffe lady erlier. and btw, if i say lol at the end, it usually means im joking (lol= laugh out loud).

evenwolf

Quote from: EvenWolf on Thu 08/05/2003 07:55:37
Quote from: EvenWolf on Thu 08/05/2003 07:55:37
SLaMgRInDeR , you don't always have to quote people to respond. My eyes are sarting to hurt, especially when the images are left in the quote -basically spamming the thread. You can always go back and simply edit the original post.  Cool, thanks.
SLaMgRInDeR , you don't always have to quote people to respond. My eyes are sarting to hurt, especially when the images are left in the quote -basically spamming the thread. You can always go back and simply edit the original post.  Cool, thanks.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk