So I made a blog about creating a narrative game

Started by FormosaFalanster, Sat 30/01/2021 04:18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

FormosaFalanster

Hello all,

It was over two years ago that I decided I would make narrative games. Yet it was only a couple months ago I started the creation of my first game (which you can find here).

So what happened between these two events? What I did for two years? I documented myself to get ready for it.

Not only I looked into how to use AGS or other engines, I also looked into games themselves, read articles on the topic, played games to see what was good or not good, and above all, constantly reminded myself that I did not know anything about making games and I had to learn and learn and learn more.

So in the end I thought why not publish all of this. I wrote so many notes on stuff I learnt, either playing games or reading articles, I decided to publish these notes. The result is a blog which you can find here: https://formosafalanster.wordpress.com/

I will be updating three times a week, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's easy because I already wrote over 50 articles and all are scheduled to be published already.

I hope it can be interesting!

Danvzare

Quote from: FormosaFalanster on Sat 30/01/2021 04:18:41
Hello all,

It was over two years ago that I decided I would make narrative games. Yet it was only a couple months ago I started the creation of my first game (which you can find here).

So what happened between these two events? What I did for two years? I documented myself to get ready for it.

Not only I looked into how to use AGS or other engines, I also looked into games themselves, read articles on the topic, played games to see what was good or not good, and above all, constantly reminded myself that I did not know anything about making games and I had to learn and learn and learn more.
Sounds exactly like what I've been doing for the past decade.
The only difference is, I've only been doing it as a hobby.  :-D

I took a quick look at your blog. It looks interesting. I might give it a more indepth look at a later time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk