Maniac Metalhead Mania German/English Metal Adenture

Started by Metal-Kompanie 666, Fri 06/11/2020 10:32:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal-Kompanie 666

Metal-Kompanie 666 (proper idiot association) presents:
Maniac Metalhead Mania
It's Friday somewhere in Northern Germany.
Boredom spreads, there is no concert or anything else that is exciting.
This changes suddenly when we receive an important, or rather vital, call from our metal brother.
According to him, there is the possibility of getting VIP tickets for Epico's sold out -Brave New Metal World- Tour.
Will we be able to get hold of a ticket?
Is the game total retro garbage?
Are the references to various metal bands in this game totally cringe?
Find out and play Maniac Metalhead Mania, the free fan adventure from Metal-Kompanie 666 !

The following (boring) features await you:
- German "cringe" and English "not the yellow of the egg" texts to read yourself!
- Countless references to metal bands, classic games and other bullshit!
- cool retro metal music, created by Volltanker!
- stolen retro background graphics and lots of cheap animations!
- tons of bad puns, sarcasm and irony!
- 100% unicorn free (wild boars are much hotter anyway!)

Download:
https://www.maniac-mansion-mania.com/index.php/de/spiele/fan-adventures/1112-maniac-metalhead-mania.html

Danvzare

Looks interesting, I'll definitely be giving it a play.

Frodo

Brilliant game.  Loved all the references.   :grin:

Loved the salesman.   :wink:

heltenjon

Looks good! (nod) Could you add it to the database, please? https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/add/ or the button down in the right corner on the games page.

Metal-Kompanie 666

Quote from: Frodo on Sat 07/11/2020 18:13:28
Brilliant game.  Loved all the references.   :grin:

Loved the salesman.   :wink:
Thank you! How many references do you have find?

Metal-Kompanie 666

Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 07/11/2020 18:31:00
Looks good! (nod) Could you add it to the database, please? https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/add/ or the button down in the right corner on the games page.
I will in the next days, hope thats okay

splat44

Also since you're new here, completed game forum rule also suggest that.

Another benefit seeing games in database, will allow users nominate those potential games for AGS yearly award

Quote from: Metal-Kompanie 666 on Sat 07/11/2020 18:53:35
Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 07/11/2020 18:31:00
I will in the next days, hope thats okay

Cmdr

I don't know why, but it's not possible to download your game from the entry on the AGS homepage. Can you check this out?
Maybe you just have to link the file from MMM space as a download mirror.

LimpingFish

I took the liberty of fixing the error (just a minor URL problem), and the database download should work now.  :)
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

heltenjon

I played this yesterday, and while I'm not enough into metal to take all the references, I appreciate that they are done with love. The game is hilarious. I think I sat ten minutes trying to find all the Easter eggs on the title screen even before the game proper started. The Heavy Metal Salesman made my wife wonder what I was laughing so hard about.  (laugh)

sthomannch

Was great fun to play it! Funny references and puzzles, well done!

Metal-Kompanie 666

Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 12/02/2021 09:48:22
I played this yesterday, and while I'm not enough into metal to take all the references, I appreciate that they are done with love. The game is hilarious. I think I sat ten minutes trying to find all the Easter eggs on the title screen even before the game proper started. The Heavy Metal Salesman made my wife wonder what I was laughing so hard about.  (laugh)

Thanks, for that review!
Hope youre have find all eastereggs ad the start screen and games and all references there.
(do you know the metal girls on the save/load screen ?)

heltenjon

Quote from: Metal-Kompanie 666 on Tue 09/03/2021 20:53:57

I'm afraid not. But I'm ready to be enlightened.

Metal-Kompanie 666

Quote from: heltenjon on Tue 09/03/2021 22:35:38
Quote from: Metal-Kompanie 666 on Tue 09/03/2021 20:53:57

I'm afraid not. But I'm ready to be enlightened.

Hi,
here are almost all the innuendos hidden in the game.
Spoiler

-The start screen is a double allusion,
it is based on the Turrican start screen and thus also on the True Metal album cover Manowar Kings of Metal
-Save Load screen:
The front women of the band "Epica" (Simone Simons,) Amaranthe (Elize Ryd) and "Within Temptation" (Sharon de Adel) are shown,
the album cover Phantom Agony (Epica) Helix (Amaranthe) and Heart of Everthing (Within Tempation) used
-The band "Epico" from which we want the ticket in the game is a cheap allusion to the band "Epica",
the name of Johanna Maria Hoensbroek who is the lead singer of "Epico" in the game is a composition of the 2 and 3 Name of Simone
(Johanna Maria) Simons (the Epica front singer) and his place of birth Hoensbroek (Netherlands)
-The woman at the bus stop alludes to Giada "Jade" Etro from the band Frozen Crown (hence the Frozen Crown)
-The Abbaranthe lighter is an allusion to the band "Amaranthe" (which I crossed in this joke with the also Swedish band "Abba")
-Simone-Simson moped, again allusion to Simone Simons, the moped actually exists (model Simson SR 50 with the name and is in my garage.
-HammerDown and the falling hammer are a reference to "HammerFall"
-Bat without a head, Ozzy sends his regards
-The time 23:58 is of course "Iron Maiden" with the song "2 Minutes to Midnight"
-The "Swedish iron shoe fan" looks like Joakim Broden from the band "Sabaton", Sabaton is Latin for iron shoe and Swedish because Sabaton is from Sweden.
(the Shoeh allusions, in the game are all modifications of Sabaton albums)
-The Abbaranthe-Ultra looks exactly like Elize Ryd from "Amaranthe" from her music video "Countdown".
-The heavy metal hippie babbles and quotes songs by Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne.
-All the flat jokes you can hear are mine
- Various song quotes and metal posters are featured in the game (all bands are named in the credits)

Further allusions:
- Running banner at the beginning is like the from Maniac Mansion
-Green Tentacle from Maniac Mansion is in the audience at the end of the credits
-When starting the screen you hear (almost) the same text as with Turrican
-The whole gag of going to the gas station was stolen from the Dutch series "New Kids" (episode gas station)
- Various allusions and quotes to Orwell's 1984, Brave New World by Huxly and Bioshock 1 and 2
-the spatula that the Swedish iron shoe fan want  is the same as with Spongebob
-The two gentlemen at the gas station really exist and their conversations really happened
in a similar way, only that they are slightly over-dramatized.
-The steel helmets are also there and I wear them even when the security net cashes them in at the concerts

Easter eggs:
- Home screen click on Metalhead and Maniac lettering, the 666 flag, blood stains, mustache, 1.00 version text on the chest
-Go all the way to the right at the gas station.
- use full lighter with metal poster
-stood around a little longer pointless
[close]

heltenjon

That's brilliant! Thanks for the list of allusions. I was sure there was a Rammstein reference in there as well, but I may be mistaken.

Metal-Kompanie 666

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 11/03/2021 07:35:46
That's brilliant! Thanks for the list of allusions. I was sure there was a Rammstein reference in there as well, but I may be mistaken.
There lots of Rammstein references in Game, youre right. (all song quotes are list at the end of game, to many to write all down)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk