Fixumdude's 3D Printing Adventure

Started by fixumdude, Mon 01/02/2021 23:24:30

Previous topic - Next topic

fixumdude

Fixumdude's 3D Printing Adventure
You start off in the living room of your modest home.  You know there is something you must get done today, but can't quite remember what it was.  Perhaps if you look around a bit you can figure out what you need to do.  While it is 3D printing oriented, hopefully there are enough clues and non 3D printing humor to allow anyone to enjoy the game.

This very short and cheesy 3D printing oriented game was created to help me learn AGS.  I have dabbled with AGS a little over the years, but this is the first time I've created anything I would consider close to "finished".  I learned a lot and had a great time making the game.  My goal was to crank it out in about a week over Christmas break (thus the very crude graphics) and of course it took 5 times longer than I had hoped.  I'm sure there are many glitches, bugs, or things I missed, so please let me know if you find anything that needs my attentions. 

Thanks for looking,
-Fixumdude

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2512-fixumdude-s-3d-printing-adventure/

Shadow1000

I know nothing about 3D printing but I had a fun experience playing this game! Nice puzzles and gameflow. To be honest, the highlight for me was fiddling around with a gadget I've never seen and figuring out how to make it do its thing. I actually liked the puns, possibly a first in any adventure game. I finished with 387 points.

Good job!

fixumdude

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 02/02/2021 04:51:18
I know nothing about 3D printing but I had a fun experience playing this game!

Thank you so much for trying out the game and for the kind words!  I had hoped to get a non 3D printer's view of the game.  It does have a lot of 3D printing Easter eggs, but I did try to make it fun for people who had never 3D printed before.  I tried to make sure there were clues that led you in the right direction.

One hint to help get a perfect score if you choose to play again:
Spoiler
Make sure there isn't any useless plastic just lying around.
[close]

heltenjon

Welcome to Pun City! I played this little game today and enjoyed the humour when I examined everything in the house. I mean, "These are not the steps I need to take right now" when I tried to move a ladder.  (laugh)

I haven't tried 3D printing before, but there were plenty of hints (more like instructions, really) to complete the tasks in the game. I guess from the feedback when I finished that it is possible to complete the game while doing something wrong. It's nice to see a game about everyday life and tasks once in a while.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk