M*A*S*H: Point n' Click adventure game

Started by viktor, Sun 07/02/2021 16:50:23

Previous topic - Next topic

viktor

So, the game is finally finished. It turned out better than any other project I've ever done.

In 1950 on June 25th, the Korean conflict started. In the midst of the conflict, there is also a troop of surgeons and nurses that patch up the wounded in what they call meatball surgery. Our story takes place at the 4077th. The best M*A*S*H unit far and wide. It has an astonishingly low casualty record. One of the 4077th members is also the company clerk Walter "Radar" O'Reilly. After an 8-hour stint in OR Radar finds something is missing.

Download here:

Or from the AGS repository:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2515-m-a-s-h-point-n-click-adventure-game/

Have fun!

EDIT: I don't know if this is OK to write so an admin can remove it if not, but if you like this game and have ideas for a more complete story, I am willing to put in the work for more art and coding to make more episodes for this series. Hit me up if you have ideas :).
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Sinitrena

Your personal main page for the game notes under "Downloads" that so far only a demo is available. You might want to correct that.

Other than that: Congratulations on the release - downloading now!

FormosaFalanster

I played it as a tester and it was really good fun :) very well done game on every level.

Good news for those like me who never saw MASH before, you will still enjoy the game very much!

heltenjon

I'm biased, as I betatested this game. Nevertheless I'll applaud the way the Mash camp is brought to life. I think this will be a very good template for making more Mash games, and I hope more creators will utilize the groundwork laid down here.

So is the game any good? Oh yes.  (nod)

Mandle

There is a long-running background sub-plot in the seasons leading up to Radar's return back home to Iowa in which he is mailing an army jeep back home piece by piece.

It is quite subtle, and often you only see him in the background walking by with a steering wheel, or sometimes packing another part etc.

After he returns home he sends back a photo of him sitting behind the wheel of his completed jeep on his family farm there and the rest of the characters find out what he was doing all that time.

This just feels so naturally like the plot of an adventure game so if anyone wants to use it then go ahead.

viktor

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 09/02/2021 07:08:01
There is a long-running background sub-plot in the seasons leading up to Radar's return back home to Iowa in which he is mailing an army jeep back home piece by piece.

It is quite subtle, and often you only see him in the background walking by with a steering wheel, or sometimes packing another part etc.

After he returns home he sends back a photo of him sitting behind the wheel of his completed jeep on his family farm there and the rest of the characters find out what he was doing all that time.

This just feels so naturally like the plot of an adventure game so if anyone wants to use it then go ahead.

Is it? I thought that was only a joke in the first season when Hawkeye writes a letter to his dad in one episode. I can remember the episode when Radar goes home and when he writes in a later season but I can't really remember him sending any photos of him in a jeep. Nevertheless it can still be an interesting plot device.
signature" border="0
<a target='_blank' href='https://imgbb.com/'>resurrection pictures for facebook</a>

Mandle

Quote from: viktor on Tue 09/02/2021 10:56:26
Quote from: Mandle on Tue 09/02/2021 07:08:01

Is it? I thought that was only a joke in the first season when Hawkeye writes a letter to his dad in one episode. I can remember the episode when Radar goes home and when he writes in a later season but I can't really remember him sending any photos of him in a jeep. Nevertheless it can still be an interesting plot device.

The whole thing may have been invented in my childhood head, but it is still a very good plot yeah.

viktor

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 09/02/2021 15:07:22
The whole thing may have been invented in my childhood head, but it is still a very good plot yeah.

That's understandable. I had the entire series on when I was making the game art  (laugh).
signature" border="0

The Last To Know

I never watched the TV show, but I really liked your game. I finished it in about 60-90 minutes and it was fun to play. You really caught the LucasArts spirit from the early 90s. :)

viktor

I've uploaded the art assets to the games website, so anyone can use them for their own M*A*S*H projects. Some ideas are already cooking up for a sequel to the game.
signature" border="0

Mandle

Quote from: The Last To Know on Wed 10/02/2021 15:19:43
I never watched the TV show, but I really liked your game. I finished it in about 60-90 minutes and it was fun to play. You really caught the LucasArts spirit from the early 90s. :)

I suggest you start watching. It is truly one of the greatest TV series of all time and a must-see at least once in every human lifetime.

SarahLiz

This is such a neat little game, and I'm not even done with it...I've never watched M.A.S.H. but I'd always hear the theme song in the background at 10 pm when I knew it was time to go to bed as a kid.  Being in the medical field myself (albeit not military) I'll definitely check the show out now.  I know it has a cult following, and I can get a clear sense of each individual character just from the first few minutes of playing and interacting with each of them.  The graphics are awesome.  I know it's not a long game, but I'm looking forward to hopefully being able to complete it. 

(Selmiak, where's your YouTube walkthrough?  ;))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk