Backgrounds

Started by stylez75, Sun 07/02/2021 19:55:03

Previous topic - Next topic

stylez75

Hi all,

Thought I would list some of the backgrounds, that I've been working on. I'm a long time sierra style lover of the game art. Over the past years, I've just focused on getting close to the style in a 300x200 shot.
Anyways just wanted to share.

Thanks and comments welcome.
[imgzoom]https://i.postimg.cc/7hsd3vmq/group1.png[/imgzoom]

Danvzare

I will admit, you've definitely nailed that Sierra art style.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 09/02/2021 19:12:22
I agree, my only issue is that the floor tile perspective seems a bit wonky in the top left background, but otherwise they look neat.

heltenjon

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 10/02/2021 09:31:46
Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 09/02/2021 19:12:22
I agree, my only issue is that the floor tile perspective seems a bit wonky in the top left background, but otherwise they look neat.
I don't think they're floor tiles, but shadows cast by the columns.

Matti

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 10/02/2021 09:45:52

It does seem so, but where's the light coming from? If it's the sun than the shadows cannot have different directions  ;)

Blondbraid

Quote from: Matti on Wed 10/02/2021 12:01:25

It does seem so, but where's the light coming from? If it's the sun than the shadows cannot have different directions  ;)
Indeed, the only thing that would make sense perspective wise was if there was an asymmetrical grid on a glass ceiling in the room and a light source above that ceiling.

heltenjon

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 10/02/2021 12:13:16
Quote from: Matti on Wed 10/02/2021 12:01:25

Indeed, the only thing that would make sense perspective wise was if there was an asymmetrical grid on a glass ceiling in the room and a light source above that ceiling.

Good points. Given the sci-fi setting, one could always make an explanation that would make an error right within that world. Could be multiple suns (but then there ought to be more shadows) or hovering light sources outside, above our frame of reference.

stylez75

Thanks all,

All comments were great and very helpful.  You can read, study 24/7 but user feed back is always the best for getting better.

stylez75

New backgrounds working and would like to share with everyone. Enjoy and feed back welcome

SinSin

Some great backgrounds there bud, defo seirra inspired you can tell. The top left of the recent ones has a Laura Bow feel to it. As for the right side images I won't comment as they seem unfinished. Advise to you is don't try to study too much from here on work on your style, you know that you know the basics (maybe just a little more time spent on perspective)
Nice work so far man just keep going. Validation is great but success is greater.
Currently working on a project!

stylez75

thank you on feed back. I really just love the old EGA sierra style graphics and trying to do it justices on it's style.
more so on the SQ I EGA style
But once again thanks for the reply and input

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk