Interviews with adventure game developers

Started by Nr. 2698, Sun 21/02/2021 10:54:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Nr. 2698

Since the community has been around tons of adventure games, I recently had the idea what it would be like to do interviews with the developers.

There are certainly many people in the community who would like to get involved.

It is a suggestion that I would find it exciting to read interviews with developers, programmers, graphic designers, sound designers and authors to learn about their backgrounds and working methods.

What do you think about that?

Many greetings
No. 2698

Pogwizd

Not sure if this is something you are after, but you can always check out a few books that were recently published, for example The Art of Point-and-Click. I've got it and I find it fairly interesting. Although, apart from a few exceptions, most of the interviewees are people behind old classics rather than modern games. I am not saying it's a bad thing - just pointing it out because I don't know which developers you had in mind?

Nr. 2698

Hi,

thanks, I know the book. It is very good.

But the focus should be on AGS games, but no limits to who is interviewed.
AGS has been in operation for around 20 years. There are sure to be interesting games and Annkekdotes from that time.

Pogwizd

Quote from: Nr. 2698 on Sun 21/02/2021 12:34:18
AGS has been in operation for around 20 years. There are sure to be interesting games and Annkekdotes from that time.

No doubts about that. I would be interested in reading about those myself :)

Danvzare

Quote from: Nr. 2698 on Sun 21/02/2021 10:54:39
Since the community has been around tons of adventure games, I recently had the idea what it would be like to do interviews with the developers.

There are certainly many people in the community who would like to get involved.

It is a suggestion that I would find it exciting to read interviews with developers, programmers, graphic designers, sound designers and authors to learn about their backgrounds and working methods.

What do you think about that?

Many greetings
No. 2698
I think that sounds great.

Ali

https://adventuregamespodcast.com/

This is a podcast, so not quite what you're talking about, but Seoirse has interviewed quite a lot of developers (some AGS), so it might be worth looking at for inspiration / reference.

Moriya_17

Thanks for recommending that book, I had never heard about it before, and I think it'll help me as I feel lost in the middle of all of these new things to learn and do...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk