CRT TV

Started by RyanIsntAlive, Wed 24/02/2021 21:03:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: RyanIsntAlive on Thu 25/02/2021 17:12:39
As excited as I am, all I've found inside so far is this? A canadian cent from 1980, and, um, mayor McCheese?

Can you show us the back of both items found inside the TV?

heltenjon

This "Live from the bomb squad" thread is amazing!  (laugh)

Darth Mandarb

How is nobody drawing parallels between this guy constantly telling us he's still alive and his chosen username...

RyanIsntAlive

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, Much like glados I'm still alive, it's been kinda a long day, I went outside for a while, that was nice.

I didn't really touch the TV much today, I set up the frame, and put the screen block back in for ease of storage, the parts are in a separate box, I might have a look into them later, see if you guys need anything, but its nice to have everything mostly working fine, I've had nightmares about this tv the other night.
Little fun fact, This TV was made December 4th 1986! This is older than a sega master system says Wikipedia.
Things I need to do so far, I need to get glass to cover the giant face hole, it needs to be that recognisable curve to it, thankfully I have the actual screen so I know the shape, and possibly work in some kind of screen arrangement so I can put different visuals on. But I also need to make some kind of brace for this, I don't want all the weight on the shoulders, or on the top of the head. I'm thinking of basing it off a safety helmet, as I may be able to find one of them, maybe I can add a few things to that before I screw it in. The knobs on the front are part of the circuit,
Oh I also have to make the neck hole so people can wear it, and maybe make it safe so people cant cut themselves on the plastic.

Mandle, sorry to disappoint, its weird, But not as weird as I hoped, I'm not sure the coin has anything. The, token I guess, it has a white circle, that's broken on the right.

I like that name heltenjon, maybe once I've finished my first ags game I can make a new one, "Tales from the bomb squad" Reckon it could be fun!

This thread means alot to me, this is quite a cool little DIY project for me, so having you guys interested in my progress is kinda helping push me to continue, so thank you.
As always, any questions, I check the forum daily so drop them in here, and I'll get back to you as soon as!
The guy with the CRT Television Project!

heltenjon

Quote from: RyanIsntAlive on Fri 26/02/2021 22:45:13
I like that name heltenjon, maybe once I've finished my first ags game I can make a new one, "Tales from the bomb squad" Reckon it could be fun!
(laugh) (laugh) Maybe like a live feed where the main character suggests to do something, and you control him by liking or other emojis.  (laugh) It would be cool if you used the title.

RyanIsntAlive

I've had the idea to use live streaming as a narrative device, perhaps "Live from the bomb squad" is just the answer

eri0o

QuoteI plan on scooping out it's insides and turning it into a wearable helmet

Eth, now that I reread the beginning... This kinda reminds these comics:

RyanIsntAlive

That's kinda the plan, Make it look like the is no head, only TV

Mandle

What happens if you try peeling back the split in the back of the token?

(Dammit! I was sure this was the start of an ARG but, if it's not, I'm gonna try my best to turn it into one!)

Cassiebsg

Adventure Reality Game?  (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

RyanIsntAlive

Hey Guys, sorry I disappeared on you for a while, don't worry I'm still alive.

There's not been too much progress, I'm waiting on some Plexiglass to be delivered and need to figure out how to mount it right, I'm thinking maybe clips?.
In the meantime there is one more thing I wanna talk bring up, an email I received the other day. it arrived at my personal one and just wanna say that if it was related to this, was pretty creepy to do so.

I'll be back to update you guys when the glass arrives, but I'll also be working on a head mount for it hopefully on Monday.
Thanks for now guys. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk