The registration quiz will be perfect IF...

Started by kash&germ, Fri 12/03/2021 19:02:50

Previous topic - Next topic

kash&germ

May I show some gratitude to the gang who poured hearts and souls into designing the registration quiz.
I gotta say it's the best anti-spam feature I've ever seen on forums  (laugh)

but one thing that stains the quiz is the tone of the suggested answers in Q14...
- Respond by stating how offended you are at their remarks, and ask why they are being so mean.
- Have a laugh and get over yourself. If you can't make fun of yourself, you've come to the wrong place.

So.. if people get abusive and toxic, everyone is supposed to just suck it up? That's the impression I get from answering that Q
If the idea is to be constructive and chill with our posts and replies, perhaps another way of phrasing it will benefit the community in all?

Cassiebsg

Your interpretation is flawed.
It's not about people being  "abusive and toxic to you" (if one does that you'll get a warning or ban), but instead to realize that people are trying to help you and give you constructive criticism, so that you can improve your game. If all you want is a pat in the back and "job well done", then this is the wrong forum for you.  ;)

And welcome to the forum.  :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AGA

I think the wording is a bit harsh, given it was written in a very different era (almost 20 years now!), but indeed the idea is "to be constructive and chill with our posts and replies".  I'll see if I can reword it a bit.

kash&germ

Quote from: AGA on Sat 13/03/2021 12:06:18
I think the wording is a bit harsh, given it was written in a very different era (almost 20 years now!), but indeed the idea is "to be constructive and chill with our posts and replies".  I'll see if I can reword it a bit.

Lovely, thanks! It's real cool knowing people here value progression and have so much passion for AGS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk