MAGGIES 2020 - (Winner ‘The Cabin’)

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/03/2021 05:33:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

The winner has been announced. For those of you who missed the result in the AGS Awards, the winner was:

The Cabin by TheBitPriest.

Good job, TBP. You won by quite a margin, so well done.

Thanks to all those who voted. We ended up with the same number of voters as last year even though the voting period was much shorter, which is great.

Thank you to everyone who made a game for MAGS in 2020. And thank you to everyone who played the games and voted, rated, commented, and otherwise got involved. You all rock.

Now it's time to decide the best of the best. The cream of the crop. The cherry on top, the icing on the cake, the toad in the hole... Now I'm just hungry.

It's time to cast your mind back to 2020 and vote for your favourite games among the winning MAGS monthly entries. There are 13 entries to choose from (as we had two joint winners for September).

Voting is simple. Just choose your best three games no particular order. The game with the most tallied votes will be the winner.

A few requests before you proceed.

1) Please try to have played as many of the games as possible (preferably all of them). If you really don't have time to play every game, some of them have videos you can watch instead.
2) Only one submission per person.
3) Please vote for games based on their own merits (visual, enjoyment, puzzles etc.). Don't just vote for your friend or fellow countryman's games.
4) You do not have to be logged into a Google account but you will be asked for your AGS forum name for verification purposes.

Click here to vote
Voting lasts until April 13th, and the winner will be announced during the AGS Awards ceremony a few days later.

January

"Misfits"
Fritz the Cat
by Slasher
February

"Frozen World"
The Frozen Shore
by JackPutter
March

"Death Defying"
Dangerous Derek's Livestream
by JackPutter
April

"Sky High"
The Penthouse
by Intense Degree
May

"Forgotten History"
Pride and Relatives
by Intense Degree
June

"Outside"
Perceptions
by Slasher
July

"Distance"
Distance No Object
by Slasher
August

"White Elephant"
A Prelude to an

Adventure

by Hobo
September

"Cloak and Dagger"

The Spider's Web
by Slasher
September

"Cloak and Dagger"

My Father's Secret
by JackPutter
October

"Darkness"
Lord of Light
by PlayPretend
November

"Rain and Snow"
The Cabin
by TheBitPriest
December

"Companions"
Tom and Jimi in: Blowout!
by Slasher

Happy voting!
Please do let me know if there are any issues or mistakes.

Click here to vote

heltenjon

Voted!

This time I've played all the entries and commented along the way, so there was no need to postpone. A bit hard to make up my mind about what game should have the third spot...and some of my favourites of the year didn't win their month, anyway. Should we talk about the games in this thread? Or perhaps not? *Checks other thread* Ah, I see you wanted discussion last year. I'll probably blab my mouth some, then. (Later.)

Stupot, it says "The Fozen shore"...we have to find room in the budget for that extra r.  (laugh)

Stupot

Thanks for voting.

It now says “The Fozen Shorre”. Just kidding.

I think it would be great to tsk about the games in here if it means keeping people interested and reminding them to vote. Of course try not to sound like you’re trying to affect people’s opinions, but otherwise go for it.

Intense Degree

Voted. Some cool entries last year, looking back on them now it seems that maybe 2020 did go more quickly than I thought after all.  :)

Thanks Stu for all the work with MAGS, so good to see it still going.

Ponch

heltenjon

This har been a truly great MAGS year!  (nod)  The deadline for voting is approaching, but these games don't take long to play...for the most part. Those who haven't already sampled this year's MAGS winners, should absolutely do so. And perhaps trying the other games, as well - the competition is often close.

If you play, you get to lose weight, eat all the Chinese food you can, get your motor going, get away with murder, persuade most eloquently, delve into the cosmic truths, find your inventory, stream your daring exploits, embark on a journey, solve a murder mystery, explore the hidden rooms, break the spell and deliver a pizza. These games are good!

Stupot

Thanks for all the votes so far. A picture is starting to emerge.

It would be nice to have a few more if you have a moment, especially if you are a frequent participant of the monthly contest.

Looking back at all the games, it really is a quality selection. It's always warming to know what great content can and does continue to come out of MAGS. Well done, folks.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

milkanannan

Trying to play through the ones I missed. I can't seem to find a thread for The Cabin. Can someone give me a quick hint:

Spoiler
I have random stuff from around the cabin and am trying to cook the salted stew. The broom broke and I'm assuming I need this to start the fire, but ho do I cut the broom up? I tried out back at the cutting log but that doesn't work.
[close]

Stupot

The deadline for votes has been set for the 13th so you’ve got about another week of voting.

Stupot

Last chance to vote, guys. Your vote can still make a difference.

arj0n

Stupot

The winner has been announced. For those of you who missed the result in the AGS Awards, the winner was:

The Cabin by TheBitPriest.

Good job, TBP. You won by quite a margin, so well done.

Thanks to all those who voted. We ended up with the same number of voters as last year even though the voting period was much shorter, which is great.

And thanks as always to all participants over the year, whether you made a game, played a game, voted, tested, or cheered on a friend from the sidelines.

Mandle

Huge congratz to TheBitPriest!!! It is quite the honor to win the Maggies and well done to you, sir!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk