Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness - Released on March 23 2021

Started by rmonic79, Sun 28/03/2021 21:58:01

Previous topic - Next topic

rmonic79

Hi guys, we're very happy to announce our Lovecraftian point&click adventure Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness has been launched on Steam on March 23 2021!

It was funded in 2018 with a kickstarter campaign and today we finally managed to publish the game! Game features more than 120 scenes, 40+ different voice actors and a lot of hours of gameplay!

The game is actually discounted by 10% for the first week, and we'll be super-happy if you'd like to give a look to the Steam page and the official launch trailer.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/962700/Chronicle_of_Innsmouth_Mountains_of_Madness/

Hobbes

SarahLiz

Great game!  I really enjoyed playing it, and:

Spoiler
I REALLY enjoyed being one of the corpses!   :grin:
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: SarahLiz on Wed 28/04/2021 18:13:28
Great game!  I really enjoyed playing it, and:

Spoiler
I REALLY enjoyed being one of the corpses!   :grin:
[close]

Slight Spoiler Alert:
Spoiler
The dead Sarah in the slum apartment bed I'm assuming?
[close]

SarahLiz

Spoiler

Yes!  That’d be me, ol’ rotted Sarah Rupert!   :=
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: SarahLiz on Thu 29/04/2021 23:11:02
Spoiler

Yes!  That'd be me, ol' rotted Sarah Rupert!   :=
[close]

Spoiler
Were you also watching Wretch's playthrough (or another) of the game on YouTube? I think I remember someone popping up in one with the username Sarah Rupert saying how they had enjoyed their death scene.
[close]

SarahLiz

Nowhere Girl

Beautiful sceneries, but I have also seen one very bloody scene in another screenshot collection. :(

Eon_Star

Great game and artwork. Thanks for the effort and inspiration.  ;-D

heltenjon

I've been playing this for some days now. While the first game in this series was more traditional in build-up and interface, this one plays more like a movie with interactive segments. Voice acting, music and graphics is very well done, making the game look and sound very appealing.

The game is divided into segments where you have to perform some actions or solve some puzzles before progressing. This means that the story is somewhat on rails, but for Lovecraft fans, the content and details make up for that. The cutscenes are long and essential to the story. Frequently, they use another graphic style than the game proper, which was odd at first, but grew on me. This segmentation obviously lead to a non-open world, so some players will feel that's a loss. An upside to that is that if you are stuck in one location, you know that you have all you need to solve the necessary puzzle right there. That won't help if you get stuck, of course. A lot of the puzzles have to do with breaking codes and guessing the order you need to perform something. There are also some action sequences. I admit that I prefer the investigative puzzles, often combined with dialogue puzzles, and the ones that have to do with your inventory. My least favourite puzzle was the church puzzle.
Spoiler
The problem was that one bench was marked "III-I", which I thought had to be two. But no, it was
Spoiler
"Three - start here".
[close]
[close]

While I'm not totally sold on the puzzles front, I still would recommend the game to fans of Lovecraft or horror in general. It's quite a grisly story with graphic mutilation, so be warned. The game can be confusing if not played for a while, as there are many names and characters , and even sequences where you play as another person. The confusion will be notably less if you know your Lovecraft.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk