Huggles goes on a trip

Started by fernewelten, Thu 01/04/2021 12:14:22

Previous topic - Next topic

fernewelten

So here's a thread for questions that might come up.

fernewelten

Mini game: Strange lock.

When the lock is displayed full-size on screen: How do you open this lock?

Spoiler

Ignore the lines and diodes on the middle of the tiles for the moment. Realize that in order to yield unbroken lines, the edges of adjacent tiles must match Within the middle of a tile, the lines could run any old way; what matters is just where these lines end on the tile edges. Adjacent tiles need to be oriented in such a way that the touching edges match.

How to use this for finding out how the tiles need to be oriented:

1. Consider the outer puzzle edges first: They don't feature any line ends. So tiles that are next to a puzzle edge can only be oriented in such a way that no lines run up to the puzzle edge. For many tiles that means that they can only be oriented in one way or two ways.

2. Note that the puzzle has a "hole" in the middle, which is a puzzle edge, too. Tiles that are adjacent to the "hole" can only be oriented in such a way that no lines run up to the "hole".

3.  Now consider the tiles that are adjacent to some tile where you already know its orientation. These tiles must be turned in such a way that their touching edges match the respective touching edge of the known tile. Again, in many cases there will be just one possible orientation. Now work your way iteratively through the puzzle.
[close]

Creamy

I had no trouble with the strange lock and I thought it was a good puzzle.

However I'm stuck with the guard.
Spoiler
I don't get the logic behind her additions - if there's one. The obvious solution would be to sneak behind her shack while she went to use her calculator. But the game won't let me do that.
[close]

sthomannch

Spoiler

There is no logic
[close]
Spoiler

I saw early that 10+10 yields different results and it didn't seem that the result of one addition had any relation to the previous addition
[close]
Spoiler

You must know the result of the next addition, but when you try to walk to the back of the hut or come back, you interrupt her and she will look up the next addition
[close]
Spoiler

After she comes out of the hut, use the shard on the waste bin, walk back, peek into the hut, walk back before she turns around, then ask for the test
[close]

fernewelten

@sthomannch has great tips. But if they still don't work for you, here's an additional point:

Spoiler

What do you do if the guard doesn't seem to mind the bird flying around?
[close]

Spoiler

Talk to the guard and exhaust the dialogue options until you can talk to the guard about the bird...
Do so ...
Note what happens when you chase up the bird now
[close]

lanchong

I loved the lock puzzle. Very entertaining on its own.
After that, how do I
Spoiler
fix the boat leak?
[close]
Thanks.

sthomannch

Rabbitly fix
Spoiler

look at the poles of the fence
[close]
If this doesn't help
Spoiler

the one at the left is different, examine it until you find out what is hidden there
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk