A redesign of the AGS site is being planned! Please check out the mockups and give your feedback.

Two factor authentication (via app or email) is now available for the forums. You can enable it on your profile.

Author Topic: "Unexiςτ" a project inspired by Undertale and Earthbound.  (Read 936 times)

Childs of Unexiςτ
It's a hybrid between Jrpg and Point and Click adventure games with semi-real time combat inspired by Undertale and Earthbound.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story
You play as Babi Boo a teen girl who lives with her mother in Yparchon a small country town,
in a tight community like this, space is limited, kids are gathering into gangs to claim places they like to hang out,
Kids who are not part of a gang get bullied and rejected,
Babi has her own circle of friends but most of the time her connections bring unpleasant surprises.

It's Saturday, Babi is visited by her besty and challenged to a game of hide and seek at the town square
till reaching the square they decide who to invite to the game, by inviting another kid they earn his friendship and his problems.

They are ready now to start the game, it is decided Babi will be the one to seek, she counts till 100 at the phone booth while the other kids climb the locked square gate to hide.
In this moment the most unexpected thing happen to her, it ringed, but not only ringed, the phone booth speaker rised and speak to her.

Deep Voice: Listen carefully. 10 minutes and the town square will explode, i cannot afford to give any mercy...

What to do?
Should she believe the unknown voice?
Go inside or report to an adult?
Are 10 minutes even enough to find all her friends?

Things will never be the same

Screenshots:

Videos

Progress
The project is 1% ready

Graphics = 0.5%
Gameplay = 0.1%
Sound = 0%
Story = 80%

Deadline:
by the end of this month a pre-alpha demo should be ready

Expected completion Date:
I think it may take a year or two.

:-D*Thank you for reading!* :-D
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2021, 14:09 by oareaso »

Nice story idea. Will you be able to choose which npc to invite to hide and seek, triggering different circumstances/puzzles?

Nice story idea. Will you be able to choose which npc to invite to hide and seek, triggering different circumstances/puzzles?

Yes, this is exactly that i am planning to do :D

newwaveburritos

• Party Weekend
    • newwaveburritos worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
This looks really cool.  I quite like the art style.

This looks really cool.  I quite like the art style.

Hey Thanks! The character model still needs some work, i want all the character models to look expressive.

All that is left is to draw the gate and paint the details, after this is done, i will test it in the engine.

I will cheat a little by making some parts of the park to objects so i wont have to draw the walk behind.

I am using mostly objects for the walkbehind everything seems to work alright, sadly i reached the 40 object limit,

also i need to make the paths wider and avoid tricky perspectives to make my life easier.

I am using mostly objects for the walkbehind everything seems to work alright, sadly i reached the 40 object limit,

Hello.
There are two known workarounds:
1) Use characters to represent room objects (you may reuse same chars in different rooms)
2) script a system that reuses objects within same room, moving them to new place and changing gfx as player walks around. Requires advanced scripting though... so may be an overkill for this kind of game.

Your comment reminded me to look into increasing room object limit, as we are finishing AGS 3.5.1; but looking at the engine code now - removing this limit would require extra work, as it's connected to how object array is declared in script, and some inner algorithms in the engine, so this probably will have to be postponed until later version again...
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2021, 10:03 by Crimson Wizard »

Hello.
There are two known workarounds:
1) Use characters to represent room objects (you may reuse same chars in different rooms)
2) script a system that reuses objects within same room, moving them to new place and changing gfx as player walks around. Requires advanced scripting though... so may be an overkill for this kind of game.

Your comment reminded me to look into increasing room object limit, as we are finishing AGS 3.5.1; but looking at the engine code now - removing this limit would require extra work, as it's connected to how object array is declared in script, and some inner algorithms in the engine, so this probably will have to be postponed until later version again...

Hello, Thank you for the suggestions! The second suggestion doesn't sound very hard if i place hotspots just right!
My idea to reduce the objects on screen was to make a grid 40x40, and use one object pair y axis line, this one object will have all the graphics needed for the x axis.
AGS is really incredible even with the restrictions.