"Unexiςτ" New Direction

Started by oareaso, Fri 09/04/2021 21:21:09

Previous topic - Next topic

oareaso

Childs of Unexiςτ
Unexist started as a jrpg/point n click adventure hybrid idea but after experimenting with the engine i decided to make it into a traditional point n click adventure instead with light rpg elements, also rewrote the plot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story
The Game takes place in Yparchon a small Town of people who failed in life, Home to a big factory with questionable work conditions and a shady harbor.
It's a tight community, space is limited and teens are gathering into gangs to claim places they like to hang out, loners often get bullied.
Just returned to Town you play as Babi Boo a teen girl former leader of her gang of friends, meet your best friend Star and challenge her to gain your leadership back, Choose which of your friends you will bring with you for the Challenge to begin.
The Rules are simple, your friends will hide in the central park and you have to find more than Star does, you start at the south gate, Star at the North.
As you count to hundred in the phone booth you hear it ringing, the phone handle falls, you hear a deep voice warning you.

Deep Voice: Listen carefully. 10 minutes and the town square will explode, i cannot afford to give any mercy...

Things will never be the same

ConceptArt:

Videos

Progress
The project is 1% ready

Graphics = 0.5%
Gameplay = 0.1%
Sound = 0%
Story = 90%

Deadline:
none right now

Expected completion Date:
I think it may take a year or two.

:-D*Thank you for reading!* :-D

heltenjon

Nice story idea. Will you be able to choose which npc to invite to hide and seek, triggering different circumstances/puzzles?

oareaso

Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 09/04/2021 22:13:11
Nice story idea. Will you be able to choose which npc to invite to hide and seek, triggering different circumstances/puzzles?

Yes, this is exactly that i am planning to do :D

newwaveburritos

oareaso

Quote from: newwaveburritos on Sat 10/04/2021 04:19:37
This looks really cool.  I quite like the art style.

Hey Thanks! The character model still needs some work, i want all the character models to look expressive.

oareaso

All that is left is to draw the gate and paint the details, after this is done, i will test it in the engine.

I will cheat a little by making some parts of the park to objects so i wont have to draw the walk behind.

oareaso

I am using mostly objects for the walkbehind everything seems to work alright, sadly i reached the 40 object limit,

also i need to make the paths wider and avoid tricky perspectives to make my life easier.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: oareaso on Sun 18/04/2021 14:04:17
I am using mostly objects for the walkbehind everything seems to work alright, sadly i reached the 40 object limit,

Hello.
There are two known workarounds:
1) Use characters to represent room objects (you may reuse same chars in different rooms)
2) script a system that reuses objects within same room, moving them to new place and changing gfx as player walks around. Requires advanced scripting though... so may be an overkill for this kind of game.

Your comment reminded me to look into increasing room object limit, as we are finishing AGS 3.5.1; but looking at the engine code now - removing this limit would require extra work, as it's connected to how object array is declared in script, and some inner algorithms in the engine, so this probably will have to be postponed until later version again...

oareaso

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Thu 22/04/2021 09:16:30
Quote from: oareaso on Sun 18/04/2021 14:04:17

Hello.
There are two known workarounds:
1) Use characters to represent room objects (you may reuse same chars in different rooms)
2) script a system that reuses objects within same room, moving them to new place and changing gfx as player walks around. Requires advanced scripting though... so may be an overkill for this kind of game.

Your comment reminded me to look into increasing room object limit, as we are finishing AGS 3.5.1; but looking at the engine code now - removing this limit would require extra work, as it's connected to how object array is declared in script, and some inner algorithms in the engine, so this probably will have to be postponed until later version again...

Hello, Thank you for the suggestions! The second suggestion doesn't sound very hard if i place hotspots just right!
My idea to reduce the objects on screen was to make a grid 40x40, and use one object pair y axis line, this one object will have all the graphics needed for the x axis.
AGS is really incredible even with the restrictions.

oareaso

Unexist started as a jrpg/point n click adventure hybrid idea but after experimenting with the engine i decided to make it into a traditional point n click adventure instead with light rpg elements, also rewrote the plot
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/center]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk