Lets Make Larry 'Laffer' Great Again!

Started by juniorjones, Sun 25/04/2021 18:26:25

Previous topic - Next topic

juniorjones

Here's the thing.

I'm old. Old enough to remember the heyday of computer programming when computer's blooped and beeped way back in the 80s.  I live through rose-tinted glasses when we feed the world, Northern White Rhinoceros were saved and Billy Bragg was a thing.

One of my most abiding memories  is the EGA  Leisure Suit Larry 1: In the Land of the Lounge Lizards. Who wouldn't have loved it for it's humour, general naughtiness and a need for a rem..rem...remote Control..hic!

I feel that the EGA Larry has been hard done by in recent years and has lost his way and this is the time to MAKE LARRY GREAT again.

Looking to revive the EGA version however as I am old my brain can't adapt to understanding the AGS system so I'm a little bit stuck. I've tried, boy have I tried but variables are just not my thing. In a bit of desperation I decided to use Scratch just to see if I can get the idea goingand just to see if it could be done...plus, having Larry on a kid's programming platform seemed relatively funny.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/427108691/

Looking for support in transferring my many ideas using AL LOWE as my *spiritualty guide in making a new Larry adventure.

*not an actual position, Al is not involved in any form and I wouldn't blame him!

Danvzare

Heh, Scratch. My little brother loves that programming environment.
Also, when I first read you thread's title, I thought maybe it was for Larry Vales, since Leisure Suit Larry is already doing quite well in my opinion.

That all being said, I wouldn't mind programming your fan-game for you on AGS. As long as you can make the graphics and you know exactly what you want in terms of puzzles, I'll gladly put it all together for you.

juniorjones

Excellent!

Scratch is such a great learning device for kids however its way beyond me.

Yes, it's my plan to do all the graphics and over the next few weeks flesh out the plot.

What's the best way to share info? On this forum or maybe via google docs?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk