Murder Cases - Aprox 70% complete, Demo Available on Steam!

Started by Wesley, Fri 10/03/2023 18:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesley

Hello everyone, my name is Wesley, I'm a Brazilian artist working on my first game called Murder Cases.
Murder Cases Demo is finally here, please wishlist :)

Demo Trailer

Ko-Fi Funding for Localization

Background Story
Murder Cases is a game where the player will find himself at a crime scene inside his home with an unknown invader and his dead wife lying on the bed. Without any memories of what happened, your role is to escape the house while seeking help to catch the invader.

How it Started
I decided to create a game by myself because I love to tell stories and beat new challenges. With no programming skills, I looked for an engine that would be "easier" to make this project possible, and that's when I came to choose the AGS Engine.

In-Game Mockup

How is it Going
I've been working in this project since 22 January this year, the game has around 25% completion, counting the graphics and programming likewise. Everything is done by me, so its progresses sometimes faster, sometimes slower, depending on the task I'm working. I expect to finish the project til the end of the current year (2024).

Current Artworks

Short Gameplay

Features
- Room Escape game
- Full HD graphics 1080p
- Demo available in English, Brazillian Portuguese, Spanish, French, Italian, German, and Japanese.
- Full game will be initially localized in English, Brazillian Portuguese and Spanish.
- Additional languages for the Full Game in case the Ko-Fi funding is achieved: French, Italian, German, and Japanese.

AGS Members contributors
@AegisNinja - Composed Main menu, gameplay and cutscene songs
@Potajito - Spanish localization

Social Medias
https://twitter.com/SolvendoGames
https://twitter.com/andrart7

Thank you all for reading, and I hope the game will be fun and challenging.

bicilotti

Art style is very interesting, looking forward to see this finished!

Wesley

Thanks, I'll do my best to finish it as soon as possible.

Jabbage

Spooky stuff! I love the art style and the premise of the game sounds really interesting.

Wesley

Hi!
I just updated the old Main Menu to something new, the UX became much better than before and also the visuals became more cleaner.

New Main Menu

Old Main Menu

Thanks!

FireFlower

I like the style. The music is nice too, fits the style. Murder mysteries are always interesting as well.
Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

Wesley

Quote from: FireFlower on Thu 23/03/2023 20:58:39I like the style. The music is nice too, fits the style. Murder mysteries are always interesting as well.

Thanks! I`m glad you liked it so far.
I`ll have a demo of the game soon, I`m just revising the written stuff in the game and making some research about the Steam.

Stupot

Creamy

Nice style. You seem to progress quickly.
I like the music in the gameplay demo. It reminds me a bit of the Final Fantasy 7 forest theme.

Wesley

Hello everyone!

I have some news since my latest post, I also updated the first message with this news below.

The game has a Steam page now, and its Demo is already finished and uploaded there, but not yet published. I'll publish it maybe in a couple of days after some more testing to make sure everything is alright.

The Demo was localized to 7 languages, thanks to many people who volunteered to help. I don't know if all these languages will be present in the full release, this will depend of the Ko-Fi crowdfunding I've opened. If you feel like to donate, I'll be very happy, but even a Steam Wishlist is enough :D

Thanks for reading!

Wesley

Hello once again!
I just published the Demo on Steam! Make sure to give it a try!
Thanks!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2388110/Murder_Cases/

Wesley

Hi! It's been a while since I updated the progress here, I was going some burnout due to my regular job and making my own game, so the develpment was very slow, and sometimes stopped. Anyways, in the meantime I was able to make some progress and I would like to share some new areas I've created, there are other that I won't share yet, maybe in the future.
Thanks

Hallway

Living Room

Basement

Kitchen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk