Fortnightly Writing Competition: Betwixt The Stars (RESULTS)

Started by EjectedStar, Wed 05/05/2021 05:44:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Repi

Congratulations, RetroJay! This was my number one choice, and overall the stories have very inventive stuff going on.

---

Personally, I'm pleased to hear feedback because it's really difficult to get out of your own head to see the outside perspective. I have really absorbed the comments, and if this turns out into an actual game, there will be some changes based on these comments. So thank you to anyone who put the time and effort to comment on the stories!

Quote from: Sinitrena on Fri 28/05/2021 22:16:54
Actually, drawing, not writing. Well, from a metaphorical point of view, that hardly matters, but there are certain hints.

You're right, I should have said a metaphor to any artistic journey. And I misinterpreted the "She" part when clearly there is just a shift in attention. And actually, the word choices are more appropriate when you think about the possible age of the "You".

Baron

Congratulations RetroJay!  My votes had you tied with another competitor, but I'm glad you won.   ;-D

Quote from: EjectedStar on Sat 29/05/2021 06:27:50
Honestly I feel like side-eyeing the story-teller in the bar and asking him if he’s just fucking with me.

But then he would just absorb you into his collective being!   ;)   Honestly, I ran a little short of time and had to crank out the ending much more quickly than I would have liked.  In the ideal situation I finish a day or two before the deadline and have time for a quick re-read/edit before things go out the door.

BarbWire

A well deserved win, RetroJay.  You've certainly set the bar high for future entries. I think I might have to duck under it.  :)

RetroJay

Hi, All good Peeps.

Thank you all for your kind words and congratulations.
Yes you are right, Sinitrena, it was indeed my first time in the competition.  (laugh)

I really don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do now.  ??? Bear with me and I'm sure I will work it out.
I have an idea for our next competition. I will explain when I see you on the new thread.
Hope to see you soon.

Yours, Jay.

p.s. The next FWC topic has been posted.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk