Bake Off Italia - The Graphic Adventure

Started by Manu, Tue 18/05/2021 17:46:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Manu

Hi everyone
I'd like to present to you Bake Off Italia - The Graphic Adventure, my first game made with AGS.

It's a simple and short graphic adventure set in the world of my favorite tv show: Bake Off Italy. Your task is to prepare a Sacher Torte to save the show from.. well... the aliens :)

The backgrounds are taken from real pictures of the TV show, modified with Graphics Gale. The sprites are made from scratch. Music found on freesound.org
For sure the game is more appealing for Italians since they know the stars of the show, but the game is fully translated into English.
There are a lot of animations still missing, but the dialogs, puzzles, and story are complete.

I hope you will enjoy it.

Some screenshots

Where to download

I created the versions for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
You can download them from https://emabolo.itch.io/bake-off-the-graphic-adventure

Or from the AGS Games DB:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2537-bake-off-italy-the-graphic-adventure

Update 0.9.6
I fixed a small bug in the dialogs and adjusted the scores so that the max score is now 1000.
I also changed the font, dropping the C64 one, for a new one that it's much more readable.
Finally, if you had problems with the Mac version, now you can try again, it should be ok.

If you try it, I'd love to receive your feedback

heltenjon

I played and finished the game with 1270 points. Does that mean I've missed something?

This was fun, even if I'm not familiar with the tv show. I guess it will be even better for those who watch it. The alien was very funny, and now I want cake...

Cassiebsg

Good game, my son loves Bake Off :)
Can you send me the english.trs file? I  would like to translate it into Portuguese and Danish, so my son can play it and use it as a learning tool.  :)

PS - I spotted a missed translated text: when you get the cake dough to take it to the oven, the mouse over still displayed the Italian text.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Manu

Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 22/05/2021 17:55:44
I played and finished the game with 1270 points. Does that mean I've missed something?
To be honest, I don't remember what is the max points achievable  :-D I might need to change all the values so that you reach some nice amount like 2000 or something. However, there is a sort of easter egg, an action that is not required to complete the game but it just gives you some points.
Spoiler
Not really a spoiler, but I can tell you that If you still have the recipe in the inventory at the end of the game, you didn't get all the points
[close]

Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 22/05/2021 17:55:44
This was fun, even if I'm not familiar with the tv show. I guess it will be even better for those who watch it. The alien was very funny, and now I want cake...

Thanks a lot! Yes, for sure if you know the show, you can appreciate some more details, but the game should be ok for all. Btw, as I said, the recipe is real, you can try to make it :)

Oh, and thank you for the comment on the games DB.

Manu

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 23/05/2021 21:17:24
Good game, my son loves Bake Off :)
Can you send me the english.trs file? I  would like to translate it into Portuguese and Danish, so my son can play it and use it as a learning tool.  :)
Thank you! It's definitely a game for kids. Sure, how do I send it to you?

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 23/05/2021 21:17:24
PS - I spotted a missed translated text: when you get the cake dough to take it to the oven, the mouse over still displayed the Italian text.
Interesting, that must a bug, I can see in the translation file:
Code: ags
Impasto pronto da cuocere
Ready-to-cook dough

This was the text right?

Cassiebsg

Yes, that's the line.

You can send it to my email, that's my nickname @gmail.com.  :) Or you can post a link to it.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk