Paging bug in "Completed games"?

Started by fernewelten, Sun 23/05/2021 03:09:17

Previous topic - Next topic

fernewelten

Is there a bug in the paging function for the thread overviews?

Consider the board "Completed games anouncements".

The last entry of page 1 is  "GRANDMA, episode 1 'confinement 2021'". This thread was touched last on 8 May.
Spoiler

The first entry of page 2 is "Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness"; this thread was touched last on 5 May, 10:38 Berlin time.
Spoiler

However, there's also the Thread "Huggles goes on a trip", touched last on 5 May, 18:42 Berlin time. As far as I can see, this thread is completely missing from the overview although it should be on the board (https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=59000.msg636634550#msg636634550). Shouldn't this thread be listed first thing on page 2?

Snarky

Yeah, I also noticed the same thing with the AGS Awards 2020 thread the other day (it's now visible on page 2 of Adventure Related, after a couple of new threads have been made; presumably some other thread is missing in the fold). I also remember that we've had this bug before, though I cannot now find the discussion about it. I don't remember if it was supposedly fixed back then or if it turned out to be some SMF bug that was too deep in the code to address.

(To test: note the last couple of threads on the first page of one of the boards and the the first couple of threads on the second page; create a new thread; recheck the threads around the page break. One thread should have disappeared and another one reappeared.)

DrSlash

I was just about to report the same issue when I saw your thread, fernewelten.

The last post in my game's thread is dated 17 Jun 2021, 18:46 (at least in my time zone), which would place it exactly between the last thread on page 1 and the first thread on page 2 of the Completed Game Announcements board, however it is nowhere to be found:
Spoiler

[close]

So yeah, the bug has definitely not been fixed yet.

Crimson Wizard

Recently I experienced something similar; after unlocking couple of older threads in the "Engine Releases", they no longer are shown in the list of topics... I still can access them through their direct addresses though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk