A redesign of the AGS site is now ready to be implemented! Please help us with art and content.

Author Topic: How to delete a game from the AGS Game Database?  (Read 554 times)

Hobbes

• Swashbuckler
I was wondering if it's possible to delete a game from the AGS Database? I added "The Strange Day" nearly 20 years ago. Since then I've lost the source code, the compiled code, the... everything. There's a blank page there with no useful information. I tried to remove myself as the Owner, but it needs one person attached to it. Am I being a bit obtuse or is there no "Delete" button on the page?

Any help would be most appreciated - thank you!

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mittens Lord
  • Private Insultant
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2018, for his numerous additions to the AGS open source ecosystem including the new Awards Ceremony client and modules
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: How to delete a game from the AGS Game Database?
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2021, 08:11 »
Maybe someone can dig up a copy somewhere? Otherwise, a mod can disable the entry in the database.

LimpingFish

• Mittens Serf
  • Boink!
    • LimpingFish worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #2 on: 28 May 2021, 19:50 »
Otherwise, a mod can disable the entry in the database.

And...done. :)

For future reference (and perhaps something I should have checked beforehand), is there a enable option for disabled games, or is is something AGA has to do?

« Last Edit: 28 May 2021, 19:55 by LimpingFish »
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller

AGA

• Adventure Game Aficionado
  • Administrator
  • Mittens Deity
  • ¡Qué alí­vio!
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • AGA worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • AGA worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2021, 13:29 »
The same URL you used to disable the game (I won't post it publically!) can also be used to reenable it.  Otherwise, just let me know and I'll sort it.