Increase font size of AGS editor (properties windows, menu, gui etc)

Started by Manu, Fri 28/05/2021 21:59:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Manu

I'm sure you already noticed it but with a 3840x2160 screen resolution, the font of the AGS editor is very very small. Luckily, it's possible to increase font size in the script editor but it's not possible to change/increase font size in the room editor, character editor, properties, and all the rest of the program. I don't if this has been already planned (or maybe it's possible and I don't know?). I searched the forum but I didn't find any discussion regarding the editor font.
Is there any plan for this?
Thanks

Hobbes

Working on a 3440x1440 screen, I do agree sizes are quite small. To be honest I couldn't even find the setting to change the editor's font size. :-) I think for the script editor, as a wishlist thing, a colour scheme changer would be great too (so I can set it to dark mode at night). Not really a high priority though.  :)

Crimson Wizard

In script editor you can do Ctrl + Mouse wheel to change font size, this seem to be similar among the text editors today. The problem is that it does not sync between the script panels and does not save between the sessions.

Quote from: Hobbes on Sat 29/05/2021 01:10:32I think for the script editor, as a wishlist thing, a colour scheme changer would be great too (so I can set it to dark mode at night).

Dark theme is already supported, download link is in the release post (under "For Editor" spoiler).

Hobbes

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 29/05/2021 01:14:48
In script editor you can do Ctrl + Mouse wheel to change font size, this seem to be similar among the text editors today. The problem is that it does not sync between the script panels and does not save between the sessions.

Quote from: Hobbes on Sat 29/05/2021 01:10:32I think for the script editor, as a wishlist thing, a colour scheme changer would be great too (so I can set it to dark mode at night).

Dark theme is already supported, download link is in the release post (under "For Editor" spoiler).

That's great - I'll take a look now. Thank you! (As always!)

eri0o

I think we can't change the color in the code editor due to some limitation on the Scintilla we use, only change the color of everything else.

But the size of things, it may be possible or change the DPI config on Windows properties. In wine I know there's a way (I use it) but I don't remember on Windows.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: eri0o on Sat 29/05/2021 01:41:36
I think we can't change the color in the code editor due to some limitation on the Scintilla we use, only change the color of everything else.

Themes do change the colors in the code editor, that was probably the main purpose for the theme support.

Hobbes

Working well over here! (Still rocking the AGS Editor on my Mac  ;) )

eri0o

Holy shit! I didn't knew about it! I literally never tried the dark mode before. I gotta use it now! Thanks!

Manu

Quote from: eri0o on Sat 29/05/2021 01:41:36
But the size of things, it may be possible or change the DPI config on Windows properties. In wine I know there's a way (I use it) but I don't remember on Windows.

Or maybe an automatic scaling?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/desktop/winforms/forms/autoscale?view=netdesktop-5.0

eri0o

There are considerations about upgrading to .NET 5 I think, but ignoring that... It was an interesting docs to see :)

Manu

Ok, I guess for now I'll have to stick to the Windows 10 magnifier :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk