AGS Website Redesign

Started by Hobbes, Sat 29/05/2021 04:30:08

Previous topic - Next topic

tampie85

Quote from: cat on Wed 15/06/2022 13:41:58
One thing I noticed: While the logo colours and fonts are totally fine, the gradient around it looks terrible in dark theme. Also on light theme it might look better (at least more modern) without that glow. Can you link to the highest available resolution of this logo? Someone (worst case me) could have a go at cleaning it up.

Of course, we could also make a thread for creating a new logo (that uses the same colours to fit the new page design).

Oh it would be great if someone could polish the logo a bit. My art skills are non-existent so I didn't dare to touch it.

It is part of the design request I put a bit higher in this thread (together with polishing 2ma2's 404 design) but the sooner the logo can be improved the better in my opinion, so please feel free to give it a go Cat!

https://new-site.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/images/bannerNew.png

AGA

Quote from: cat on Wed 15/06/2022 13:41:58
One thing I noticed: While the logo colours and fonts are totally fine, the gradient around it looks terrible in dark theme. Also on light theme it might look better (at least more modern) without that glow. Can you link to the highest available resolution of this logo? Someone (worst case me) could have a go at cleaning it up.

Of course, we could also make a thread for creating a new logo (that uses the same colours to fit the new page design).

As tampie85 mentioned, we'd welcome some new artwork.  I did my best to remove the glow for use on the dark theme, but it's far from perfect as you've noticed.

I've given those who volunteered access to a new subforum for testing.  Please let me know if you can't see it!

cat

Do you know who made the original logo? Would be interesting to know what font was used.

AGA

I'm guessing it was loominous, but not sure.  He hasn't been active in the last couple of years though...

cat

Snarky

Quote from: cat on Wed 15/06/2022 20:29:12
Do you know who made the original logo? Would be interesting to know what font was used.

I'm pretty sure it was Darth. See here: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=37297.msg490035#msg490035 ("Darth's logo")

(I've never been a huge fan of the font or the doodle in the logo, so I wouldn't mind seeing it replaced.)

Frodo

Please keep the glow.  It really makes the title stand out. 

Ponch

I have a few different devices. I can help.

AGA

cat, Kastchey, Pax Animo, Ponch and Stupot, you should all be able to see a SEKRIT "AGS Site Testing" forum in the list.  Please do head over to find a link to the new version, and give any feedback you may have!

cat

I made a thread in the test forum and added some comments.

Ponch

Quote from: AGA on Thu 23/06/2022 16:57:36
cat, Kastchey, Pax Animo, Ponch and Stupot, you should all be able to see a SEKRIT "AGS Site Testing" forum in the list.
Fancy!  :cheesy:

Tested on my laptop. No issues. I'll check with my tablet and phone in a little bit. Looks good so far...

AGA

One thing we could use help with, testing aside, is setting up the code syntax highlighting.  The plugin used currently to do:

Code: ags
this

is no longer supported.  Instead I've installed PrismJS, which seems like a suitable option.  However, it needs the help of someone who can both do coding, and who knows the AGS language well, to implement a new language template.  If anyone is willing to help, instructions are here: https://prismjs.com/extending.html.  Perhaps one of the AGS engine or editor coders could help?

eri0o

Hey, I haven't been able to check this yet - and probably won't be for some weeks. But, if it's possible, it could be wired to highlight AGS code using the same lexxer as C++.

cat

We have created a huge bunch of logos and now it's time to vote for your favorites:

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=60054.0

cat

Tomags

Sorry, only seeing this now. If still needed help with the testing of the new page just let me know.
Tomags

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: AGA on Wed 29/06/2022 20:46:34
it needs the help of someone who can both do coding, and who knows the AGS language well, to implement a new language template.  If anyone is willing to help, instructions are here: https://prismjs.com/extending.html
I'm going to have a look, but is someone else working on this? (asking for coordinated work).

In the meantime, the C-like syntax (provided natively by prism) would probably fit 99% of the need!

Kitty Trouble

Wiggy

I'll test anything that helps.

cat

As mentioned in the logo thread, I'm not too happy with the secondary colour of the dark theme. I think it is too close to the main colour and the hue too green. When viewing the main page on PC, the secondary headers are not visible, only the menu in the upper left corner. The slightly different colour than the three big main headings made me think the menu colour is a mistake and should be the same as the primary colour.
I think there are two options: use the same colour for both, primary and secondary headings or make the secondary colour more distinct.

Btw, I can easily change the colour of the logo - if necessary, we could even have different colours for light and dark theme.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk