AGS Website Redesign

Started by Hobbes, Sat 29/05/2021 04:30:08

Previous topic - Next topic

tampie85

Lovely, thank you!

Overall, we try to make a better version of what's currently there, so there's a lot of small improvements. A lot of them can be seen here, even though we have made small adjustments as we're learning: https://new-site.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

As far as I'm aware, these are a few of the larger improvements that we have added which might not be as clear in the design:
- Switch between dark mode and light mode.
- A dedicated search page with 12 different filter categories (with loads of options in each category) and 10+ ways of sorting
- Search page includes a filter category linked to your profile in which you can see your games, the games you've worked on, the games you commented on, etc.
- A page to celebrate top contributors and creators
- Improved AGS Awards
- Personalised menu based on your forum permissions (so admins of any kind have more options - no need to remember URLs anymore).
- Improved add game form with i.e.
  - Support for multiple languages
  - Support for voice & text languages
  - Support for multiple operating systems
  - Better guidance & validation
  - Support for Vimeo videos
  - Limit for maximum 3 images has been removed and a more modern 'drag & drop' system for uploading images.
  - Ability to add more options to the current dropdowns (resolution already has been updated to reflect the latest version of AGS).

And these ones are on the "For future consideration" list (not in any order):
- Snarky: I think the barrier to registering an account should be lower
- Snarky: For people browsing on mobile (or any computer where they can't play the games), it would be nice if there were a way to bookmark/wish list/save a game for later, under their account.
- Snarky: With eri0o's online AGS port, would it at all be possible to make games playable directly on the site?
- Hobbes: On the topic of Modules/Plugins, I was wondering... if we're building a Games Database, should we also build a Modules/Plugins/Template database where people can upload, categorise etc
- Unknown: And if we kept track of games that the user had downloaded (in a cookie), and showed a request for a rating/review the next time they visited, maybe we could get enough ratings that sorting/filtering by rating would make sense and not leave out major titles.
- Me: See whether it's possible to login without being redirected to the forums.
- Crimson Wizard: Add tagging

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk