Pirates! (Demo)

Started by sthomannch, Sun 20/06/2021 07:09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

sthomannch

Shadow1000
Spoiler

there are several keys and probably you are looking at the wrong one. You must first find a way into the cellor of Mr. Santos
[close]
Spoiler

In Santos living room, move to the left and find the chickens. Search
[close]

The problem is that a lot of items are visible from the beginning but you cannot pick them up until you have finished another task or talked about a certain topic with somebody. A bit confusing at first but not illogical.

sthomannch

I have
Spoiler

the cheese but neither give it to the mouse nor put somewhere in the cellar or Santos' house. Failed to combine it with other items or open a dialog about mice and cheese
[close]

heltenjon

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 20/06/2021 08:10:47
I have
Spoiler

the cheese but neither give it to the mouse nor put somewhere in the cellar or Santos' house. Failed to combine it with other items or open a dialog about mice and cheese
[close]

There is
Spoiler
a hotspot near the mouse. A tile or a stone or something (piece of the floor). I missed this for a long time, so I'm not sure if it's visible all the time. There is a bug here. You're supposed to use the cheese, but can use any item on the tile, and the game will recognize it as the cheese.
[close]

I'm stuck right after this. I'm gathering stuff for the vessel.
Spoiler
I have the hammer, saw, nails, sewing kit, cut fabric. Don't have the planks, the paddle or the two meter rod. All these are plainly visible, but tells me that I need to get all the tools first. I suspect either that there's some kind of trigger that I'm missing, or perhaps a bug. I got the saw by just picking it up, but perhaps it's supposed to be inside the shed? And that I have to do something with the seagull first?
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 20/06/2021 07:09:12
Shadow1000
Spoiler

there are several keys and probably you are looking at the wrong one. You must first find a way into the cellor of Mr. Santos
[close]
Spoiler

In Santos living room, move to the left and find the chickens. Search
[close]

Thanks!
Spoiler
I searched the hay and got the key and was able to enter the tavern. Doesn't seem to be much more to do but I'll download the new release and see if it's any better
[close]

The problem is that a lot of items are visible from the beginning but you cannot pick them up until you have finished another task or talked about a certain topic with somebody. A bit confusing at first but not illogical.

In some puzzles, that would be a good way to pace the game. In this case, every time you make any progress, you have to almost start the game again to figure out what you need next. I'm finding that it's often more effort to figure out who to speak to (i.e. which dialogue options have opened) than it is to solve puzzles.

Spoiler
I actually got into the tailor's house on my own. The cupboards are shut and you can't go upstairs or take anything. My first guess would be to find a tool to open the cupboards but you can't open the dwarf's shed or the toolshed or get the hammer.

It's really weird that there is a "strange object" near the dwarf's shed but you can't do anything with it!
[close]

sthomannch

To proceed you need
Spoiler

the plan for a vessel, which you expect to find in the tailor's house
[close]
But
Spoiler

searching the house yields nothing, so go back to the tavern - a new dialog option appears
[close]

sthomannch

Found the hotspot, but it was not easy, thank you.

When you have collected all tools
Spoiler

you get stuck, you cannot take the planks or the wooden pole
[close]
Now to something unexpected
Spoiler

similar to the cheese problem: Go to the docks and search for a hotspot left of the seagull. It is marked with "path". Click on it.
[close]

One more thing
Spoiler

The map of the island vanishes into thin air. You must talk to Mr. Santos, but you cannot go to the town square. Click around the harbour building and eventually you are teleported to Mr. Santos.
[close]

heltenjon

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 20/06/2021 16:52:18
Now to something unexpected
(...)

One more thing
Spoiler

The map of the island vanishes into thin air. You must talk to Mr. Santos, but you cannot go to the town square. Click around the harbour building and eventually you are teleported to Mr. Santos.
[close]

Ah, thank you. Finished it now. As for the last bit:
Spoiler
There is a hotspot there, marked "Go to the Hills".
[close]

heltenjon

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 20/06/2021 15:07:03
It's really weird that there is a "strange object" near the dwarf's shed but you can't do anything with it!
Well...
Spoiler
You can pick it up later, when you need to gather tools for building a vessel.
[close]
Doesn't make much sense, I know.

Shadow1000

Quote from: sthomannch on Sun 20/06/2021 16:33:32
To proceed you need
Spoiler

the plan for a vessel, which you expect to find in the tailor's house
[close]
But
Spoiler

searching the house yields nothing, so go back to the tavern - a new dialog option appears
[close]

Thank you!

Spoiler
Now I need something fresh from the river. I assume a fish but you can't interact with the river or use any inventory item (I actually thought of fishing using the rope and hook to no avail). I am thinking that maybe you can get the seagull to get you a fish but you can't really interact with that either. No new dialogues so that approach isn't helping.
[close]

heltenjon

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 20/06/2021 18:41:06

Now I need something fresh from the river.
Spoiler
I assume a fish but you can't interact with the river or use any inventory item (I actually thought of fishing using the rope and hook to no avail). I am thinking that maybe you can get the seagull to get you a fish but you can't really interact with that either. No new dialogues so that approach isn't helping.
[close]

You need to
Spoiler
combine two objects to get the bait you need. What two objects? It's
Spoiler
the knife and the apple.
[close]
[close]

Forneved

I had such a problem, but then everything disappeared by itself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk