Lucas Mendoza - Amateur Detective (Demo)

Started by sthomannch, Wed 30/06/2021 18:07:02

Previous topic - Next topic

sthomannch

Ian Aloser,
Spoiler

You can open and close the doors - try it out and look carefully
[close]

Ian Aloser

Thanks sthomannch,  found that , nice puzzlee :-))

I thought the demo
Spoiler

would end after finding the 3 clues and now I am surprised at how far I can proceed in the game
[close]
Now it's getting difficult .....

Ian Aloser

Diego, This is a great game , the puzzles are really challenging, great work.
And there's lots of great humor, too.
I never imagined it to be this long and I am really stuck now.
I have:
Spoiler

Wallet, Cell Phones (2x),Ice Cubes, Ladder, Bucket with Cement, Eggplant, Bank Records, Bank Paper, Cross&Banner (Rope with Hook) and Wrench.
I know I have to get into the bank, I guess I have to enter from the subway station,
just don't know how.
Also,is there a way through the window of the secret room? Rope with hook doesn't work...
[close]
A slight nudge would be highly appreciated !

P.S.:
The game says "Bench" instead on "Bank", surely a translation error,
There also are still a few untranslated lines still in Spanish, but that doesn't spoil the great gameplay ...

sthomannch

Have you talked to each worker about the strike?
Spoiler

Have you picked up the note about the strike from the fence close to the docks?
[close]
Spoiler

How could you persuade the worker down at the docks to remove the fences and cones?
[close]
Spoiler

A drink - you have seen the blender in the office, now you need three ingredients but also a "container"
[close]
I assume you have not yet visited
Spoiler

the warehouse. Try it, you need a password.
[close]
Spoiler

Examine every spot in the coffee shop thoroughly - especially the espresso machine
[close]

Ian Aloser

Thanks sthomannch once more !
It's amazing how many puzzles there are in this fine game!

Here's what I did or didn't
Spoiler

Have you talked to each worker about the strike?

Yes, I did !

Have you picked up the note about the strike from the fence close to the docks?

Yes , I did, the worker to the left is now gone, the one in the ceiling is still there

How could you persuade the worker down at the docks to remove the fences and cones?

No , don't know how .....
A drink - you have seen the blender in the office, now you need three ingredients but also a "container"

I noticed it, and I know I somehow have to use the eggplant and the ice cubes,but don't know why

I assume you have not yet visited the warehouse. Try it, you need a password.

I noticed the coffee in front of the door

Examine every spot in the coffee shop thoroughly - especially the espresso machine

I noticed that there is a note on the espresso machine, but I cannot read it

Also, no idea how to get into the secret room's window, despite my grappling hook :-(

[close]

sthomannch

Spoiler

Make sure the barrista vanishes again for a moment, then take the note from the espresso machine and read it
[close]

A good cocktail
Spoiler

needs sometimes more than two ingredients, and people might appreciate strong stuff - you know where to find it?
[close]

About the window
Spoiler

you can use the grappling hook once the window is open, so you miss another item. There are still a few other steps before you can enter the secret room
[close]

Ian Aloser

Hey sthomannch, thank you again for your help !
I am in the EDIT :
Spoiler

Store now and I assume that I will make more progress now.
Still don't know why to make a drink, don't know what I missed.
And I don't know how to get rid of the fence , but I will see what the shop brings
I believe Mia needs an ID card to convince the worker that she is working at the radio station,
no idea where to get it, have no option when talking to the guy in the radio station ......
[close]
EDIT: I am afraid I missed something essential, just don't know what .....
Thanks , great game , more people should play it !!

Shadow1000

I am so completely lost that I don't even know what to ask.

Spoiler
the first part of finding the 3 clues was solid and coherent with some great puzzles. After that, I wasn't even sure if it was playable and was going to delete the game till I saw that some people progressed.

I spoke to all the people I could and the only clear objectives are to get to the bank deposit box and into the RV.  Other than that I don't even know what to ask. I have the bank records, wrench, gloves, ice cubes, cross sign, ladder and bucket and that's about all.

[close]

Any help appreciated!

Ian Aloser

Hey Shadow1000, glad to read that I am not the only one having trouble :-))

Spoiler

I don't remember which character has to give the note to the worker, try it with both,
you can interchange all items except cell phone and wallet
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Ian Aloser on Thu 01/07/2021 18:32:41
Hey Shadow1000, glad to read that I am not the only one having trouble :-))

Spoiler

I don't remember which character has to give the note to the worker, try it with both,
you can interchange all items except cell phone and wallet
[close]

Yes! I just realized that
Spoiler
Mia can do things that Lucas can't and I got the ladder and bucket and cross sign. I guess I should try passing items around and retrying all actions I couldn't do before....sigh...
[close]

Ian Aloser

This game is actually HUGE and I love it !
You are on the right track !

Shadow1000

Quote from: Ian Aloser on Thu 01/07/2021 18:38:24
This game is actually HUGE and I love it !
You are on the right track !

Spoiler
I think things could be tightened up in terms of pacing. I did not like the endless dialogue or the huge amount of walking around but it seems that I am able to progress. Because of this I'm not even 100% sure what's going on in the game.
[close]
I'll come back when I need more hints.

Ian Aloser

Shadow1000, I agree, the dialogues are sometimes a bit cumbersome to follow,
however, they contain a lot of good humor.
I am amazed at how much work Diego put into this game.
Carry on, it's worth it !!

sthomannch

Mia's actions are 3 days in the past, while Lucas' actions are done in the present. So Mia can prepare the stage for Lucas' actions.

Objective is
Spoiler

to get the two books the professor mentioned that belong together. There is more to be found, for example who paid how much to the professor.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: sthomannch on Thu 01/07/2021 19:01:00
Mia's actions are 3 days in the past, while Lucas' actions are done in the present. So Mia can prepare the stage for Lucas' actions.

Crap..I actually didn't know that. rhat pulls together a LOT of what's going on. I actually was wondering why her clothes were different between the office and on the street. So when they meet in the office, is that in the present or past...?

sthomannch

In the office, it is the present, but she talks about what happened 3 days ago (the dialogs tell). It seems that with the actions done by Mia and Lucas, her memories become sharper. As soon as you see Mia outside the office, it is the past. For Lucas, it is the present.

Ian Aloser

sthomannch, I believe I am pretty close to the end

Spoiler

Got one book from the RV, guess the second one is in the secret room.
I cannot break the window with the pick, guess I need the chain OR the fishing rod
[close]

Am I on the right track ?
Thanks yet again for your kind help !

sthomannch

Ian, you are not on the right track

What you need
Spoiler

A fishing rod would help you to open the window - don't ask me why you can do it from the outside
[close]
Where to get it
Spoiler

The fisherman doesn't want to give his rod, but perhaps you can persuade him? He needs a catch,  a swordfish
[close]
And how
Spoiler

You cannot get a real fish, but have you tried the bucket of cement on different items?
[close]
Solution
Spoiler

If Mia uses the bucket of cement on the bucket with ice, then Lucas can get a "concrete" fish three days later and trade it
[close]

Ian Aloser

Wow sthomannch, would have taken me ages to find this out !!!
Thanks yet one more time :-))

Shadow1000

I made a lot of progress. I am finally
Spoiler
In the room with the deposit boxes. It says I need a key to open D-4. I tried the electronic key but it says only the key will work. I had Mia search De Marco's apartment while he was in the kitchen but still no key. My first guess actually was the key holder near the door but not there. Any hints?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk