Lucas Mendoza - Amateur Detective (Demo)

Started by sthomannch, Wed 30/06/2021 18:07:02

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

Quote from: sailorfreak on Fri 08/10/2021 23:04:34
Hi, I'm stuck and I need help getting into the RV...
Spoiler
I know that the key is in the seagull's nest and I've tried every verb and item I have on it and nothing. I think I might be missing something.
I've already been in the secret room and have the 2nd part of the research, but I haven't got the other one in the bank yet. Thanks!
[close]

Been a while now, so I'm not sure if I remember this. But have you tried:

Spoiler
With both characters?
[close]

Spoiler
To lure the seagull away with something?
[close]

sailorfreak

Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 09/10/2021 14:20:47

Been a while now, so I'm not sure if I remember this. But have you tried:

Spoiler
With both characters?
[close]

Spoiler
To lure the seagull away with something?
[close]

Spoiler
I've only tried with Lucas, cause Mia can't get down to the docks. I gave the worker the drink and tried to push the fence but he won't let me down there.

I've tried all the items I have on the nest. (Phone, Wallet, Bank records, Subway map, $ key, Pick, Fishing rod, Coffee machine note, The Dr's treaty part 2, and Ladder.)
[close]

heltenjon

Getting Mia to the Docks:
Spoiler
Have you convinced him that you are a journalist?
[close]

Seagull nest:
Spoiler
Isn't there an ice cream seller down at the docks, or do I remember this wrong?
[close]

sailorfreak

Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 09/10/2021 22:12:53
Getting Mia to the Docks:
Spoiler
Have you convinced him that you are a journalist?
[close]

Seagull nest:
Spoiler
Isn't there an ice cream seller down at the docks, or do I remember this wrong?
[close]

Spoiler
No. I gave him the bank paper and the drink. I can't talk to him anymore and he won't let me get past the fences.
I haven't seen an ice cream seller only a fisherman.
[close]

heltenjon

Fisherman:
Spoiler
I think you need to help the fisherman.
[close]
Spoiler
Isn't there a gigantic fish somewhere else?
[close]

sthomannch

See a bit earlier in the his thread
Spoiler

how to get a fish. Mia needs to put something in the sculpotor's bucket so that Lucas can get the fish three days later.
[close]

Wiggy

It looks like I'm stuck at the same place, and cannot proceed. I suspect that the puzzles are somewhat linear, meaning that if you do an act at a point in time without having all the necessary items, the outcome cannot be realised. The "hints and tips" that people have posted here assume that one has done all the acts that they have, and if one has not then the "yellow book in inventory" that enables you to shut down the alarms and cameras you will never possess. This game has huge potential, but it needs a lot of work because at the moment I rate it unplayable. One wrong turn is a dead end, and there should be no dead ends.

sailorfreak

Quote from: Wiggy on Tue 12/10/2021 17:17:56
It looks like I'm stuck at the same place, and cannot proceed. I suspect that the puzzles are somewhat linear, meaning that if you do an act at a point in time without having all the necessary items, the outcome cannot be realised. The "hints and tips" that people have posted here assume that one has done all the acts that they have, and if one has not then the "yellow book in inventory" that enables you to shut down the alarms and cameras you will never possess. This game has huge potential, but it needs a lot of work because at the moment I rate it unplayable. One wrong turn is a dead end, and there should be no dead ends.

Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Spoiler
I gave the fish to the fisherman, got the rod, and been in the secret room. I don't have a yellow notebook. 
[close]

heltenjon

Quote from: Wiggy on Tue 12/10/2021 17:17:56

I think you perhaps don't know that the two characters
Spoiler
can exchange objects.
[close]

You can also manipulate time, because the two characters are acting on two different days. This is crucial to grasp. If the past is changed, the present may change as well. I'll write that much without spoiler tags, because that's basically what the second chapter is about. I can't remember any dead ends that weren't fixed almost immediately.

Edit: I remember there was an issue that you could only enter the secret room once - meaning a potential dead end if you didn't take stuff from there. But I think it was fixed, and it doesn't seem like that is what you're missing now.

Wiggy

Yes Heltonjohn, we know all that. In real simple words - how do we get Mia to the docks? What items do we need? when do we need to do it? There are players who have entered the RV, so we know it is possible. My reference to the dead ends means that when you have tried everything with everyone and everything else what further action can one take? Hang in there Sailorfreak, I'm starting the whole game again.

Amateur Detective

Hey! I'm the one who made this  :grin:, sorry for the bugs! Thank you all for playing the demo, it really helps me test it.

So I've been reading this and it seems to be some code issues regarding the seagulls nest. I don't know what happened, but it's fixed now. And the links are updated. You can use your old save states too. Sorry! I'll keep polishing it.

So, for the thing in the seagull's nest:

Spoiler
You can't take Mia to the docks, just Lucas. And you can just grab the card from the seagull's nest after you've talked to the writter about it. With the card you can enter the RV.
[close]

I think there are no dead ends, hopefully.

Again sorry, and it really helps me all this testing. I'll keep coming to this post, and feel free to write me with any question or sugestion. I'll keep fixing the bugs!

heltenjon

Quote from: Wiggy on Wed 13/10/2021 03:36:36
Yes Heltonjohn, we know all that.

My apologies. Now that the author is answering, I'll keep my gob shut to not cause further confusion.

sailorfreak

Ok, I re-downloaded and finished the demo. Thanks for your help everyone.  :grin:

Wiggy

Same from me too, great game! (oops, demo) Thanks!

selmiak

alright, I am in the right spot
Spoiler
under the bank and have pick and plan but mia says we should get rid of the camera and alarm. I have no idea how!
[close]

sthomannch

Hacking!
Spoiler

Read the dialogues carefully, try to find out about the other detective (not mia), try to find a way to sabotage the alarm system and cameras from within the police station
[close]

selmiak

Quote from: sthomannch on Mon 25/10/2021 16:55:07
Hacking!
Spoiler

Read the dialogues carefully, try to find out about the other detective (not mia), try to find a way to sabotage the alarm system and cameras from within the police station
[close]

well, that's mean,
Spoiler
the detective buero is the police station, that was mentioned by the bank clerk, alright. So I am in his computer but need an activation code, but there are no more hints to that and the other detective Johnsen has no more lines other than the zodiac conversation, but that was used for his password already... any more hints?
I cannot talk to him in the present and I tried to PUSH Johnson already with Mia, but she does not want to do that... :D
[close]

edit:
While the forums were down I found it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5M9oimg9b0

sthomannch

Mean? Sorry, it just appeared when I played. I smelled that it was important.

Their memories ... It only pops up if you read every written material

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk