Pedro's Adventures - An Immersive Language Learning Adventure!

Started by Andrea1992, Sat 12/06/2021 10:29:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrea1992

[Soon to be available for English, French and Italian]

Description/Story:

Learning Spanish should be an adventure...
Immerse yourself in a Spanish speaking world of adventure! Take control of Pedro as he travels across the kingdom, solving puzzles, making friends and defeating monsters. His journey to save the princess mirrors your journey into learning Spanish.

Pedro's Adventures in Spanish is designed to be entirely in Spanish with no in-game translations. This provides maximum immersion and will be useful to any learner regardless of their native language. All interface, dialogue and narration is in simple Spanish accompanied by images, animations and context to help you understand the game play and objectives. You can see the Spanish word for any object by hovering the mouse cursor over it and if you didn't quite catch what a character has said you can ask them to repeat as many times as you like!

Features:

This is not a classroom, there are no quizzes or word matching exercises. The purpose of this game is to provide a fun environment for you to practice and learn through context and immersion.

• Dozens of unique characters fully voice acted by native Spanish speakers
  • Auto-saved progress and no death mechanic encourages experimentation without risk
  • Over 1800 lines of in-game Spanish dialogue
  • Approximately 15-20 hours of game play (depending on experience level)

Development Progress:

Story: 100%
Scripting: 100%
Graphics: 100%
Sound/Music: 100%
Beta testing: 10%

*EDIT* to add: We have finished the beta testing phase. Special thanks to heltenjon who gave us valuable feedback.
We're on track for releasing early July but we'd love a few beta testers from the AGS community. If anyone is interested please drop your STEAM user name in the comments or send us an email to info@rocketboygames.com.

Our STEAM store page is also available. You can visit and Wishlist our game  :grin: :wink:

Potajito

This looks great! I'm a Spanish speaker so I don't think I'm the target, but sooo looking forward to play this!

newwaveburritos

I, too, already speak Spanish but I'm super impressed at the level of art design in the game and how much interactivity there seems to be. Great work!

CaptainD

What a fantastic idea! All the best with development.

TheVolumeRemote

Very cool, both myself and my son could learn a lot from playing (and have fun doing so!) Wishlisted!

Andrea1992

Thanks for the support guys!

We'd like to share some info behind the design philosophy and game play:

heltenjon

I've been playtesting this with my family this summer, and I can heartily recommend it! Chaz and his team have been very open for feedback and are really good at implementing "learning by doing". The game is worth playing for Spanish speakers, as well, even though for you the dialogue will probably sound like a children's show. But there's a good game that's fun to play in the core of this.

For those who don't know Spanish - we learned a lot and had fun doing it.  (nod) My daughter is now texting me in Spanish.  (laugh)

Cassiebsg

This games looks great and very useful!  (nod)
I've been wanting to make one to learn my son Portuguese, but keep getting stuck on how the best way to ago around it. Your's looks fantastic! Voices sound great too.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

RocketBoyGames

Thanks so much you guys. This is our first release so its a bit nerve racking, but the assistance and encouragement from the AGS community has been truly phenomenal. Its great that so many Spanish learners are benefiting from it and we'd love to see native Spanish speakers being able to enjoy it too (or at least their kids) :P

If you want a beta tester with a *serious* passion for adventure games then heltonjon is the best you'll find. His keen eye for detail and intimate knowledge of this genre has helped us make huge improvements for the final release.

CassieBSG, is Portuguese your native language? We're getting a bit of demand for a Portuguese version of this game so there might be a bit of an audience out there for it!

-Chaz
Rocket Boy games
www.rocketboygames.com

Cassiebsg

Yes, I'm Portuguese. :)
Though I would suspect that "high demand" might be coming from the other side of the pond... more precisely Brazil... but I might be wrong of course. :D
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

newwaveburritos

Dang, the animation all looks so good! I think I said that already but now I've seen more of it and it's even truer now.

Andrea1992

Quote from: newwaveburritos on Fri 23/07/2021 20:02:05
Dang, the animation all looks so good! I think I said that already but now I've seen more of it and it's even truer now.

right?? I'm a super fan of Chaz's art (the game designer), he drew all the graphics pixel by pixel  by hand :shocked:

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 19/07/2021 12:24:58
(nod) My daughter is now texting me in Spanish.  (laugh)

This is super adorable <3

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk