AGS System.Configuration Error Preventing Editor from Opening (Fixed)

Started by Mommui, Tue 03/08/2021 16:54:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Mommui

Hello! I've been using AGS 3.5.1 for the past two weeks but when I turned on my computer yesterday and tried to open AGS, I got this error below.

I've tried updating,repairing, and reinstalling AGS but nothing works, and it still gives me this error and stays on the launcher loading image. The only way I can close is through Task Manager.  :-\

Crimson Wizard

Try deleting the file it is referencing in error message:
C:\Users\Rose\AppData\local\AGS\... etc

Mommui

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Tue 03/08/2021 17:48:01
Try deleting the file it is referencing in error message:
C:\Users\Rose\AppData\local\AGS\... etc

Okay so that worked to get it booted, however now I have an error regarding a root element missing when i started it up. After backing up my game I tried to load it after restarting and it had the same error.

Mommui

Alright, I've fixed everything! Thank you Crimson Wizard  :-D

Cassiebsg

Please post how you fixed, in case someone with the same problem finds this thread.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

morganw

Basically all of the application settings are in the local appdata directory in the user profile (AppData\local\AGS) so just renaming that directory or deleting the contents would do a reset. I'm not entirely sure why it is so prone to corruption. I know in one case someone's hard drive was failing but it happens often enough that I think anti-virus might be interfering with the save process, which is a bit strange because this is using the de facto configuration management system provided by .NET rather than something custom.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk