Fortnightly Writing Competition: VULNERABLE, CLOSED

Started by Mandle, Sun 08/08/2021 10:56:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

I'm vulnerable to voting extensions AND hospital workers!  Gah! :=

Mandle

Votes are tallied and the winner is Ejected Star with 12 votes!
Second is Baron with 8.
Third is Siniterna with 5.

Sorry for my lackluster performance as host, but the next round goes to Ejected Star as host. Hopefully they can do better.

Sinitrena

I'm sorry, are you sure you counted right? 12+8+5=25
25 cannot be divided by 10 (without a remainder (is that the right word - I'm sure you know what I mean)) and if every voter is supposed to cast 10 votes, this just cannot be right.

EjectedStar

That's on me! I never learned to count, so I sometimes forget to carry the one.

I gave Baron one too many points, so subtract his score by one.  Apologies all.  (I even gave Mandle 1 point for well-intentions this round.)

Mandle

Votes are tallied and the winner is Ejected Star with 12 votes!
Second is Baron with 7.
Third is Sinitrena with 5.

I overlooked the one discrepancy vote as it would not have mattered and because I am lazy. Someone do a better job next time please.

Sinitrena

That makes no more sense. At all.

12+(8-1)+5=24

24 is still not dividable by 10.

Adding 1 (for Mandle's intentions) back on gets us back to 25 (or 26, if you keep one additional point in).
Neither 24, nor 25, nor 26 are dividable by 10.

Honestly, where did you learn maths, guys?

(And that, by the way, is why I am against secret votes in our little competition.)

Mandle

Quote from: Sinitrena on Sun 05/09/2021 09:48:15
That makes no more sense. At all.

12+(8-1)+5=24

24 is still not dividable by 10.

Adding 1 (for Mandle's intentions) back on gets us back to 25 (or 26, if you keep one additional point in).
Neither 24, nor 25, nor 26 are dividable by 10.

Honestly, where did you learn maths, guys?

(And that, by the way, is why I am against secret votes in our little competition.)

You are right... I did screw up the math... Sorry...

Ejected Star: 12
Sinitrena: 11
Baron: 7

EjectedStar

By the by, my Mandle point was a joke, and my total vote was 11, with Baron getting an incidental extra vote.

Mandle's joke point is now fully rescinded! No cake for you!

A possible solution to stopping bad maths from happening again, is for the host to display the votes after the fact, either anonymously or whatever.

E.g.

Voter 1 ( 6 to Sini, 4 to Baron)
Voter 2 ( 18 to EjectedStar, 1 to Mandle)
Etc., So on and so forth.

(Also, when I am host, I PM myself my votes before I write up my 'vote now' post, just in case I need to show receipts/no vote manipulation)

Mandle

Quote from: EjectedStar on Sun 05/09/2021 10:45:34
By the by, my Mandle point was a joke, and my total vote was 11, with Baron getting an incidental extra vote.

Well, I did ignore your vote for me, and then I dealt with your 5/6 vote by reducing it to 4/5 if I remember correctly, but then you said to take the extra point off from Baron instead so I did that but got confused it seems, but the final tally, thanks to Sinetrena's eagle eye, is the correct vote I believe.

Sinitrena

It adds up to 30, at least.
And I can tell you how everyone voted, by the way:
Spoiler

Mandle didn't vote
Sini: 7 EjectedStar 3 Baron
Baron: 5 EjectedStar 5 Sini
EjectedStar: 4+1 Baron 6 Sini
[close]
Isn't maths great?

But maybe it would be a good idea to do a complete vote reveal at closing time, just to be sure no mistakes were made.

Edit: Completely forgot - Congratulations, EjectedStar!

Baron

I am vulnerable to recounts!  :=

Congratulations EjectedStar!  ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk