The Garden of Hades - surreal adventure

Started by elentgirl, Sun 08/08/2021 16:58:52

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

Quote from: elentgirl on Mon 27/09/2021 10:46:26
I'm glad that, generally, you liked The Garden of Hades - thank you for your review.
You're welcome, and thank you for the game! ;) Sorry for making it so long. (But isn't that what a game maker wants? To hear how the experience is for others?)
QuoteI'm sorry that you found some of the puzzles obscure.
Don't be. You can't cater to everyone, and you can see from the comments on the game page that the game has an audience. It just so happens that mazes and codes aren't my favourite puzzle types. Someone else may love that and be stumped by the maths sequences. But if the game is anything, it's varied!
QuoteIronically, the psycedelic house puzzle was designed by my co-creator, who loves intricate puzzles - she considers that I have given players too many clues to help them solve the puzzle!  (laugh)
Well, I never did understand the angle clue. I would be interested in hearing from people who have beaten this section without hints and how their thought process was. Part of my worry was that the puzzle is unskippable, meaning that anyone stuck in the maze without a walkthrough won't ever see the fun stuff later on.
Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 26/09/2021 12:53:17
But the first world was very nice, even had a Boulderdash game, which I played a lot on Commodore 64 as a kid.  :-D The execution of the action games was very good! (If you had released them as stand-alone minigames on the ags page, they would rank high in the not-adventure genre on their own.)
You may be interested to learn that I am currently developing Gem Collector as a stand-alone game with a number of different levels.  Watch this space!  8-)
That is very interesting! But please make it possible to continue from where you left - the main drawback of the Commodore 64 era was starting from scratch from level one every time, then wasting all lives on a hard section we hadn't figured out how to do yet, somewhere on level 23.  (laugh)

elentgirl

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 27/09/2021 14:22:31
That is very interesting! But please make it possible to continue from where you left - the main drawback of the Commodore 64 era was starting from scratch from level one every time, then wasting all lives on a hard section we hadn't figured out how to do yet, somewhere on level 23.  (laugh)

Don't worry - Just as in the mini-game, little Ned will have unlimited lives, and in the new version the game will autosave after completing each level (I'm afraid there won't be 23 levels!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk